"The Sansa m200 line is to feature support for music subscription services and capacities that include a 4-gigabyte (GB) model for $199.99, made possible with our new 70-nanometer NAND/MLC 8-gigabit chip," said Eric Bone, director of retail product marketing at SanDisk.
The new players work with a wide range of popular music formats such as MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) in both unprotected and protected files (such as those WMA files purchased from music service providers and music download sites).
The Sansa m200 series is available in 512-megabyte (MB), 1-, 2- and 4GB capacities. The new m200 players can store hundreds of songs and play up to 19 continuous hours on a single AAA battery.
Other features included:
- Microsoft PlaysForSure support to ensure proper playback of digital music
- Up to 4GB of flash storage capacity
- Digital FM radio with 20-presets
- Voice recorder with built-in microphone
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface and cable for fast music transfers
- Support for MP3, WMA (both protected/DRM and unprotected) and Audible audio file formats
- LCD that displays album, artist and song title information
Prices start at $79.99 for the Sansa m230 (512MB) model. The 4GB model costs $199.99.