Seagate is the biggest hard disk manufacturer. As a result, the majority of PC users have used one the company's hard disk drives including us. We have many of their models in our labs and we hav ebeen always satisfied with their performance and price. Recently Seagate announced the 12th series of the Barracuda har disk drives, which offer many new technologies and features.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200 drives have been strengthened and refined over 12 generations. And this latest generation is a leader in environmentally friendly storage. The new family offers capacities of 1 TB and 750 GB with 32-MB cache, and 500 GB with 16-MB cache. The Barracuda 7200.12 drive is an ideal choice for workstations, desktop RAID, gaming PCs, high-end PCs, mainstream PCs and USB/ FireWire/eSATA external storage.
Advantages of Perpendicular Recording
After years of research at Seagate, perpendicular recording is now a proven technology. It increases capacity and dependability by storing data vertically, rather than horizontally. And vertically stored data bits mean increased data density—which means higher performance to increase productivity.
- Best-in-class environmental specifications and reliability features
- Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write performance from the beginning to the end of your computing workload.
- Clean Sweep automatically calibrates your drive.
- Enhanced G-Force Protection defends against handling damage.
- Seagate SoftSonic motor enables ultra-quiet operation.
The Eco-Friendly Choice
The Barracuda 7200.12 drive delivers excellent power savings without sacrificing drive or system performance. Seagate hard drives have long been produced with the environment in mind, and not just with low power consumption.
- Sustainable technology for a green world:
- Typically 70 percent or more of the materials used to build the drive is recycled.
- Complies with the RoHS directive
- 12th generation of the world’s most popular desktop hard drive
- Ships with the most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology
- Delivers high performance:
- 160-MB/s maximum sustained data rate
- Up to 3 Gb/s instantaneous burst
- 32-MB cache on 1-TB and 750-GB drives, 16-MB cache on 500-GB drives, 8-MB cache on 250-GB drives