Additional changes include:
- Improved user setting and selection.
- System updates can now be downloaded and installed when the Wii U console is in standby mode.
- Full-screen alerts and notifications can be displayed on the GamePad controller, even if the system is in standby mode. These notifications will include updates, game releases and promotions from Nintendo. You can adjust how they receive these notifications.
- Easier Nintendo Network ID setup for new users.
- Notifications can now be accessed from the Home Menu as well as the Wii U Menu.
For more information visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/system-update.