Today at Adobe MAX, the Creativity Conference, Adobe announced major updates to Creative Cloud applications including Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Premiere Pro CC and Adobe XD.
Adobe also introduced Adobe Premiere Rush CC, an all-in-one video editing app for social media creators, simplifying video creation and sharing on platforms including YouTube and Instagram. Adobe previewed new iPad versions of Adobe Photoshop CC and Project Gemini, a drawing app.
Adobe XD, an all-in-one UX/UI solution for designing websites and mobile apps, now features new capabilities leveraging recently acquired Sayspring technology to empower designers to prototype experiences and apps for voice-powered devices, such as Amazon Echo. In addition, developers can now leverage Adobe XD APIs to build plug-ins and app integrations that add new features, automate workflows and connect XD to the tools and services designers use every day.
Designed specifically for online video creators, Premiere Rush CC integrates capture, editing, simplified color, audio and motion graphics with publishing to leading social platforms, such as YouTube and Instagram, all together in one solution. Premiere Rush CC harnesses the power of Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC, offers built-in access to professionally designed Motion Graphics templates in Adobe Stock to get started quickly and features a Sensei-powered, one-click auto-duck feature to adjust music and normalize sound. It also allows access anywhere, enabling users to create video projects - optimized for social distribution - on one device and publish from another with a consistent user experience across desktop and mobile.
Adobe previewed two future mobile apps:
- Photoshop CC on iPad: Photoshop CC on iPad will deliver the power of its desktop counterpart. Photoshop CC on iPad will let users open and edit native PSD files using Photoshop's image-editing tools and will feature the familiar Photoshop layers panel. With Photoshop CC across devices, coming first to iPad in 2019, you will be able to start your work on an iPad and roundtrip all of your edits with Photoshop CC on the desktop via Creative Cloud.
- Project Gemini: A new app designed to accelerate drawing and painting workflows across devices, Project Gemini, coming first to iPad in 2019, combines raster, vector and new dynamic brushes into a single app built for drawing. Project Gemini enables artists to use and sync their favorite Photoshop brushes and works with Photoshop CC.
- The 2019 release of Creative Cloud delivers more than a dozen new Adobe Sensei-powered features and productivity enhancements. Sensei-powered features in the 2019 release include:
- An expanded Content-Aware Fill workspace in Photoshop CC that offers greater precision and control to save editors time when working with their images.
- A new Content-Aware Fit feature in InDesign CC that intelligently detects an image and crops or fits it to an image frame automatically.
- New Freeform Gradients in Illustrator CC that enable the creation of natural gradients.
- A new tool in Character Animator CC, Characterizer, that transforms any style of portrait into an animated character.
The 2019 Creative Cloud release delivers performance and usability improvements, greater cross-application integration, collaboration features and faster access to file assets and services. Among the new capabilities, Adobe is optimizing the in-app Start experience to accelerate customer on-boarding with new apps and improve discoverability of new features and product capabilities.
Additional workflow improvements include a contextually-aware Properties Panel in InDesign CC to display options based on the object selected, expanded Undo and auto-resizing in Photoshop CC, a customizable toolbar in Illustrator CC and a modern UI in Bridge CC with support for bulk uploads of libraries. Creative Cloud members also get the all new Adobe Acrobat DC, which provides a new way to share work and get it reviewed and approved without sending email attachments or managing version control.
Adobe previewed Project Aero, a new cross-device AR authoring tool that enables creators to design augmented reality experiences. Project Aero is the first AR app built for designers and artists and was first sneaked on-stage at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference earlier this year. Project Aero enables optimal delivery of AR experiences, empowering creatives to place digital content in the real world. At Adobe MAX, Adobe showcased an AR-powered retail store.
Adobe announced deeper integrations between Creative Cloud and Adobe Experience Cloud that unify creative and marketer workflows. With these integrations, brands can now access assets in Experience Manager within Creative Cloud apps, Adobe Stock images can be leveraged in Experience Manager, and 3D content designed with Dimension CC can be adjusted in Experience Manager and published as marketing assets.
Updates to Creative Cloud desktop software are now available to all Creative Cloud subscribers, including membership plans for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. Adobe's mobile apps are available for download from the iOS App Store and Google Play.
Photoshop CC on iPad, Project Aero and Project Gemini on iPad will be available in 2019. Spark Post on Android, previously available as a public beta, is now available as a 1.0 app in the Google Play store.
The new Premiere Rush CC, available now on Windows and macOS and via the iOS App Store (Google Play store availability coming in 2019), is offered across a series of plans tailored for customers' unique needs.
Premiere Rush CC is available for $9.99/month to individuals, $19.99/month to teams and $29.99/month to enterprise customers. Premiere Rush CC is also included as part of All Apps, Student and Premiere Pro CC single app plans and comes with 100 GB of CC storage. Additional storage options, up to 10 TB, are also available for purchase.
Premiere Rush CC Starter Plan: Available for free, the Starter Plan gives Adobe's customers access to all Premiere Rush CC features, use of desktop and mobile apps and the ability to create an unlimited number of projects and export up to three projects for free.