Though the five PCIe Gen3 x16 slots plus two embedded PLX PEX 8747 bridge chips, you can enable either 4-way SLI or CrossFireX at x16/16/16/16 full throttle.
The X99 motherboard also features two Ultra M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 slots that can hit 2.8 GB/s with SSDs located between the PCIe slots too.
The ASRock X99 Extreme11 implements a 12 Power Phase Design and supports Core i7 and Xeon 18 Core Processers (LGA 2011-3) with either UDIMMs or RDIMMs, along with ECC support. Networking is provided by two Intel NICs, the I218-V and I211-AT, with support for Teaming.
The board has eight USB 3.0 ports, six from the chipset and two from an ASMedia controller powering two of the rear IO ports. Also onboard is a COM header, seven fan headers, Realtek ALC1150 audio in Purity Sound 2 and a dual BIOS topology.
- 18 x SATA3 (8 x SAS-3 12.0 Gb/s + 10 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s) from LSI SAS 3008 Controller
- 4-Way SLI & 4-Way CrossFireX (x16) supported by 2 embedded PLX 8747 bridges
- ASRock Super Alloy
- XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
- Premium 60A Power Choke
- Premium Memory Alloy Choke
- Ultra Dual-N MOSFET (UDM)
- Nichicon 12K Platinum Caps
- Sapphire Black PCB
- Supports IntelCore i7 and Xeon 18-Core Processors Family for the LGA 2011-3 Socket
- Digi Power, 12 Power Phase design
- Supports Quad Channel DDR4 3200+(OC), with maximum capacity up to 128GB
- Supports DDR4 UDIMM ECC, RDIMM Memory (ECC is supported with IntelXeonprocessors.)
- 5 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 embedded PLX PEX 8747
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound 2 & DTS Connect
- IntelDual Gigabit LAN with Teaming Function
- 10 SATA3, 8 SAS-3, 2 eSATA, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 8 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 4 Rear), 8 USB 2.0 (4 Front, 4 Rear)
- 1 COM Port Header
- Supports ASRock HDD Saver Technology, Full Spike Protection, APP Shop