Cambridge Audio Releases the Melomania 1 Wireless Earphones
British audio manufacturer Cambridge Audio has released the Audio Melomania 1 true wireless earphones, which are featuring an incredible 9 hours battery life between charges.
This class-leading battery-life is more than enough to get you through your daily commute and beyond. As if 9 hours of playback from a single charge wasn’t enough, the supplied case carries enough extra juice for no less than 4 complete recharges of the Melomania 1.
Melomania 1 feature the very latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology, ensuring wireless connectivity at up to 30 metres.
The earphones are designed and engineered in London, by the same team responsible for the company's award-winning kit. Graphene is used in the Melomania 1 5.8mm driver diaphragms, ofering a strength-to-weight ratio that generates a dynamic and responsive performance.
Melomania 1 also offers both the latest AAC and aptX audio codecs, so whether you’re using iPhone or Android, you’re guaranteed to hear your music in great quality.
Advanced microelectro-mechanical systems (MEMS) microphones, alongside the latest version of Qualcomm’s Clear Voice Capture (cVc) noise-cancelling technology also ensure clear voice calls with minimal distraction from background noise.
At 4.6g each, and with a choice of silicon or memory foam earphone tips, Melomania 1 are designed to to fit snugly into your ears. In addition, IPX5 water resistance means Melomania 1 are tough enough to survive a sudden rain shower, or a trip to the gym.
The earphones are also compatible with Google Assistant and Siri.
The Melomania 1 are available to purchase directly from Cambridge Audio, Amazon or Richer Sounds from 11th June 2019, priced at £119.95 / $129.95.
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 5.0, Class 2
- Processor: Dual-core 32-bit processor application subsystem & Qualcomm QCC3026 Single-core 120Mhz Kalimba DSP audio subsystem
- Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Supported codecs: aptX, AAC, SBC
- Latency: 70mS (aptX)
- Driver: 5.8mm Graphene-enhanced Diaphragm
- Frequency response (Earbuds): 20Hz – 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.04% @1kHz 1mW
- Battery Play Time (Earbuds): 9 Hours (Continuous A2DP Playback)
- Battery Play Time (Charging Case): 36 Hours (An Additional 4 Earbud Charges)
- Battery Play Time (Total): 45 Hours (9 + 36)
- Charging Time
- Case: Approx. 15mins/60mins/90mins
- Standby Time (From Full Charge): Approx. 1 Year
- Power Supply: 5V, 500 mA (or greater): USB charging (Micro-USB cable supplied)
- Microphone: MEMS with cVc Noise Cancellation
- Microphone Sensitivity: 96dB SPL at 1kHz
- Frequency response (Microphone): 100 Hz to 8 kHz
- Voice Control: Yes: Siri (iOS) / Google Assistant (Android)
- IPX Rating: IPX5 (Water Spray Resistant (Earbuds & Case))
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +40°C / 32°F - 104°F
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10 to 80%, Non-condensing
- Dimensions: Charging case: 59 x 50 x 22mm; Earphones: 27 x 15mm
- Weight: Earbud: 4.6g each (9.2g both Earbuds); Charging Case: 37g; Total: 46.2g
- Colour / Finish: Black: Matte UV lacquer; Stone: Matte UV lacquer