2. Data Tests
CyberDrive CW038D IDE CDR-W - Page 2
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x: This was used to compare the drive's I/O performance against other various CDR-W drives (see charts). We used a pressed CD containing PlexTools v1.08 for all tests.
- Nero CD Speed v0.84b was also used to check the drive's performance with pressed CDs. For that test, we also used the PlexTools v1.08 pressed CD.
- SCSI Mechanic v3.0x results:
The CyberDrive CW038D is the slowest drive in the SCSI Mechanic tests. The drive gave the lower performance results in the Average Sequential and Same Sector I/O and the third best for Random I/O. As it seems the CyberDrive cannot threaten the popular hot selling drives.
- Nero CD Speed v0.84 results: (click here to see the CD Speed 99 graph)
Using Nero CD Speed 0.84b, we confirmed the SCSI Mechanic results. The CyberDrive has the lowest average reading speed with 29.78X. The PleXWriter PX-W1610A holds the first place and the LiteOn 16101B follows right behind it.
In the "Seek Times" test, the CyberDrive also gave average seek times and the only drive that is slower than that performance is the Plextor one. Its average random seek time is 108secs. Both Teac and LiteOn are much faster with under 95ms seek time.
- PSX Pressed Media
For this test we used the PSX game 'NBA Jam Extreme' and we ripped the image to HD with CloneCD. We measured the reading times and the CyberDrive CW038D is the slowest drive among the competition. The drive needs 463secs to complete the reading of the PSX CD, while the Plextor needs only 54secs:
- CDR Media: (click here to see the CD Speed 99 graph)
With CDR media, the CyberDrive performs better than pressed CDs, and has around 30.46X average reading speed, slightly higher than the TEAC 516EB.