2. Unpacking - Control Menu
Kiss DP-1504 DVD Player - page 2
Unpacking - Control Menu
The retail package includes the unit, the remote control, the stereo and the video cables, the Scart cable, PCMCIA card with the PC-Link software CD and the power cable. S-Video cable is also included in non European countries.
As we can see the player has only two buttons on the unit, which are the play/pause and the stop/eject respectively. On the left side is the loading tray.
Below we can see the inside of the DP-1504, after removing the cover, something which is not recommended since you void the manufacturer's warranty. (Click on the image for an enlarged view).
The internal drive's chipset is coming from Mediatek and its MT1388E series.
Below are the main chipset used in the unit. DP-1000 had the EM8500 chipset. Now there is EM8550. The basic differencies are summarised in the table below.
- Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 over IP.
- Supports DVD-Video, Superbit™ DVD, DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (conditional), SVCD, VCD, Picture CD, CD/CD-R/CD-RW (audio, WMA, DivX™*, MP3, JPEG and MPEG-4 files) media formats.
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@ML, MPEG-4 ASP@L5** video decoding.
- Dolby Digital, MPEG-1 Layers I, II and III (MP3) and Windows Media® Audio (WMA) audio decoding.
- Embedded RISC to run system software and applications.
- Integrated IDE (ATA/ATAPI-4) and DVD loader interface supports a wide variety of DVD loaders, DVD drives, HDDs and CompactFlash.
- Local Bus for interfacing to external MPEG encoder and networking chips.
The drive's main chip is the MT1388E from Mediatek.
On the rear panel are all the appropriate audio/video
outputs. Analytically they are:
the coaxial and optical audio (digital)
analogue stereo audio output (L & R)
composite video and S-video output
the universal (Scart) line out
the Ethernet port
and the PCMCIA slot for wirless Ethernet connection
Component Video outputs (PbPrY) are missing from this unit.
As with DP-1000 here is still no built in 5.1CH decoder, but this player has a different direction.
For excellent sound reproduction, DD5.1 and DTS, we recommend you to use one of the two digital outputs.
For wirless network connection you 'll need a PC Card ( Transmitter) and an Access Point ( receiver). Both are extra accesories and not included in the players package.
The all in one SCART couldn't be missing.
The package also includes the remote control for the device. The remote control is absolutely necessary for operating the device, since other than the two buttons on the front panel, play/pause and stop/eject, there no other buttons.
Click on the remote's image for an enlarged view.
Below we have included screenshots of the main menus from the player.