LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled its second X series smartphone for 2017 designed for active users who want a smartphone that can keep up with their on-the-go lifestyles.
The LG X venture features IP68 compatibility for water and dust resistance, and has passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G tests designed for the U.S. military. In addition to measuring resistance to extreme temperatures, shock and water, the LG X venture was repeatedly immersed in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes and passed.
In addition to its resistance against accidental mishaps and extreme elements, the smartphone features Outdoor Essentials, a multi-purpose application designed specifically for the LG X venture with six tools in a single application. Bundled in the active lifestyle app is a barometer, compass, activity counter (steps/calories/distance), exercise tracker, weather reporter and flashlight. The phone offers a robust design with a metal frame and a non-slip back cover and will be available in black and/or brown.
The LG X venture was designed with three physical keys on the front as well as a QuickButton on the side allows for easier interaction with the phone while wearing gloves or in wet or muddy environments. QuickButton works differently depending on how it's pressed - short press for Outdoor Essentials, long press for settings and double press to toggle Glove Mode to recognize screen taps and swipes with gloved fingers. QuickButton can be customized to launch your favorite application and works even when the screen is off.
The LG X venture carries over a number of features from LG's flagship G and V series smartphones such as the rear fingerprint sensor and dual cameras: a 5MP 120-degree wide angle front camera and a rear 16MP camera. A high-capacity 4,100mAh embedded battery lasts for up to 24 hours between charges and with Quick Charge 2.0, the LG X venture charges from empty to 50 percent in 48 minutes.
LG X venture goes lives starting today in North America and will be available in parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America in the weeks to come.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch FHD In-Cell Touch (1080 x 1920 / 423ppi)
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Front 5MP Wide Angle / Rear 16MP Standard Angle
- Battery: 4,100mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 154.0 x 75.8 x 9.29mm
- Weight: 166.5g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
- Color: Black / Brown
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 / QuickButton / Outdoor Essentials / FM Radio / GPS / Accelerometer / Digital Compass / Gyroscope / Barometer