- Recording to and playback of the DVD+RW format. Note that SLP mode content is excluded from this.
- Forward play at 1.3 times speed
- Recording of separate audio channel along with main channel, both to the hard disk and to the VR-Mode of DVD-RW
- Forward/Rewind of retail DVDs at 30-times speed
- Ability to make changes to your upcoming recording list directly from the interactive programming chart.
- Ability to read Sony Cybershot format pictures and movies from CD-R
- Recognition of maximum 99 MP3 music files per folder on a CD-R
- Bug fix involving bug where system would stop during slide-show playback of still pictures.
As with the first update, this update will be downloadable to your PSX by connecting Online starting Wednesday. Those without Online access can get their hands on a CD-ROM version either through Sony's website or via retailers who stock the PSX, but will have to wait until the 21st of April.
The American and European versions of the PSX are expected to have the system's full specifications restored in time for its release later this year.