Razer today introduced the Kraken X wired gaming headset, designed to be ultra-light and comfortable with 7.1 surround sound for all-day gaming that won’t break the bank.
Razer also announced that all its gaming headsets launched from 2019 onwards will offer 7.1 surround sound capabilities.
The Kraken X features a redesign that slims down the Razer Kraken profile to a light weight of just 250 grams (0.55 lbs). Paired with soft memory foam ear cushions, glasses-friendly eyewear channels and an adjustable headband, the Kraken X serves as a comfortable gaming headset.
The headset will feature 7.1 surround sound instead of stereo audio typically seen on budget-friendly gaming headsets. 7.1 surround sound is available with the Kraken X on Windows 10 64-bit.
The Kraken X is built with a bendable cardioid microphone. Its tight pickup pattern suppresses noise from the back and sides so your voice will always sound clear to your teammates. A microphone mute switch and volume controls can be found directly on the earcup for easy access.
It uses the universal 3.5mm connection that is compatible with PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices.
The Kraken X is available in classic black, and another variant, the Kraken X for Console will come with black and blue highlights.
Also today, Razer is providing 7.1 surround sound capability for all its 2019 over-the-ear headsets that are priced under $99 USD, including the latest Kraken 2019 ($79.99 MSRP) which offers cooling-gel cushions for comfort and a retractable cardioid microphone for crystal clear team communication.
THX Spatial Audio, the audio technology with a full suite of audio customization and microphone enhancement features, will also be available with headsets priced at and above $99 USD like the Kraken Tournament Edition and Nari family of wireless headsets.
Previous Kraken 2019 owners looking to redeem their 7.1 surround sound software will receive their activation code after registering their headset on RazerID, using the serial number found on the headset speakers beneath the ear cushions.
The Razer Kraken X is available for $49.99 USD / €59.99 MSRP.
Kraken X and Kraken X for Console
- Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 106 dB
- Drivers: 40 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 65 x 44 mm
- Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft.
- Approx. weight: 250g / 0.55lbs
- Oval ear cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage with leatherette, for sound isolation and comfort
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -42 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional ECM boom
- Volume up and down
- Microphone quick mute toggle
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Audio + microphone usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
- Audio / mic splitter adapter cable usage: Devices with separate 3.5 mm audio and microphone jacks
- Surround sound: Only available on Windows 10 64-bit