Here is a taste of some of the new things users can do after downloading the free Miitomo update:
- Private messages: After downloading the update, users can send private messages to anyone on their friends list. But these messages just don’t pop up in a window. Users can set the expression of their Mii, and either a user’s main Mii character or a Sidekick Mii (more on that later!) will personally deliver the in-app message to the friend.
- Room customization: Rooms can be decorated with custom flooring and wallpaper, which can both be collected for free in the in-app Miitomo Drop game or by completing in-app actions. Some of the wallpaper is even inspired by some of Nintendo’s hottest franchises like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Rooms can also be decorated with posters adorned with Miifoto images or even real-life photos contained on the user’s smart device. Each room can hold up to eight posters. Each poster spot holds one poster and can be purchased individually for 99 cents from the in-game store.
- Style Central: Dressing up in outfits in Miitomo is a part of the fun. With the new Style Central feature, users can submit up to three of their favorite custom outfits a day to share with other users. These other users can browse the submitted outfits to like them or try them on, and even purchase components without having to visit the in-game shop. By sharing outfits, users receive My Nintendo points that can be redeemed for fun Nintendo rewards.
- Answer Central: One of the main features of Miitomo is answering fun questions and sharing those answers with others. The new Answer Central hub displays a public list of questions and answers that anyone can browse or comment on. This opens up the social interactions to a much wider base.
- Sidekick Mii characters: Sidekick Mii characters are controlled by the account user, but play secondary roles to the main Mii. Sidekicks have their own rooms, can be dressed and can even be set to public or private. Up to 100 Sidekick Mii characters can be assigned to the main user.
- Easier to Use: A new timeline feature allows you to see your friends’ latest answers without the need to speak to other Mii characters. You will also be able to see your friends’ customized rooms.