Pioneer released “BDR-X13JBK” external BD writer with improved recording quality, double speed and redesigned front design
Pioneer Japan announced the release of a new product called BDR-X13JBK, which is an external BD/DVD/CD writer for Windows/Mac, and uses a USB 3.2 Gen1 / 2.0 interface. The information is gathered via Google Translator so there might be errors during translation.
This unit supports recording / playback on BD and BDXLTM standard discs and the optical media for archiving "M-DISC". In addition to high-precision 16x speed recording on BD-R, it also supports 6x speed recording on M-DISC (BD) 1 layer 25GB and M-DISC (DVD). Achieves quality improvement. In addition, it is equipped with "PureRead 3+" * 3 that faithfully reads audio CD data and a "custom eco function" that reduces power consumption. The design of the front bezel and tray cover has been redesigned, such as adopting a textured hairline finish and blue LED while maintaining high dustproof and quiet performance.
"BDR-X13JBK" product site: https://jpn.pioneer/ja/pcperipherals/bdd/products/bdr-x13jbk/?ad=pr
1) Recording of BD-R discs up to 16X
This model supports rRecording and playback to all discs compatible with BD and BDXLTM standards as follow:
- BD-R (1 layer 25GB) at 16x speed
- BD-R (2nd layer 50GB) at 14x speed
- BD-R XL (3rd layer 100GB) at 8x speed
- BD-R XL (4th layer 128GB) at 6x speed
In addition, it supports up to 16x speed on a DVD-R (single layer 4.7GB) and reading AudioCDs at a maximum speed of 48x. Moreover, the recording quality is improved by performing the parameter correction at an appropriate timing at the time of data recording.
2) " PureRead 3+ " to improve the reading accuracy of the Audio CDs
Pioneer uses a new technology called "PureRead 3+" to adjust the reading method and read again when the audio CD data cannot be read due to scratches or dirt on the disc surface. When playing a music CD, if a read error that cannot be corrected by the CD-specific error correction system (CIRC) occurs due to scratches or fingerprints on the disc, the disc status is automatically determined, the reading method is adjusted, and rereading occurs. "Pure Read" to reduce the occurrence of error data interpolation. BDR-X13JBK is equipped with "PureRead 3+" which is a more advanced version of this "PureRead". "Pure Read 3+" starts a new algorithm and reads again if the data cannot be read even after rereading. Equipped with a standard "master mode" and a "perfect mode" that captures the original sound more completely. The reading accuracy of correct data is higher than before. Combined with the improvement of CD reading performance by installing a BDXL compatible pickup, high-precision CD reading is possible. More information at https://jpn.pioneer/ja/pcperipherals/bdd/pureread/
3) Audio CDs can be imported and played on Android devices without a PC
If you connect to an Android device with a USB cable and download (free of charge) the Android app "Wireless Hi-Res Player ~ Stellanova ~", you can directly import music CDs to your Android device without a PC. Music information and jacket images are automatically acquired from the highly reliable "Gracenote MusicID ® " via the Internet. You can also use "Pure Read 3+", which can read music CDs faithfully.
4) Can be placed vertically on either side. Adopting a slit structure that has both functionality and design
Simple and matte body. The slit shape on the side surface contributes to the improvement of rigidity as well as high design. Can be placed vertically on either side. Includes 4 horizontal insulators and 8 vertical insulators. It can be placed horizontally as well as vertically on either the right side or the left side, so it can be installed freely according to the layout of the room.
5 ) Supports high-speed recording of M-DISC that can store data for a long time
It supports recording and playback of the optical media "M-DISC (DVD, BD: 1 layer 25GB / 2 layers 50GB / 3 layers 100GB)" for archiving developed by Millenniata of the United States. BDR-X13JBK newly supports M-DISC (BD) 1 layer 25GB and M-DISC (DVD) 6X recording.
6 ) Achieves power saving with AUTO power supply * linked to PC power supply and custom eco function
Since the power of the drive itself is turned on / off in conjunction with the power of the connected PC or smartphone, wasteful power consumption is suppressed. * Equipped with a new custom eco function that allows you to change the time from the end of operation to the stop of the disc to your liking. In addition, the environment is also taken into consideration with a thorough power-saving design, such as turning off the LED when the disc is not inserted or when the disc is stopped.
7) Further improvement of recording quality
In addition to the conventional high recording quality, BDR-X13JBK has achieved further improvement in recording quality by correcting parameters at a more appropriate timing when recording data. The drive automatically predicts and records the optimal recording strategy, even on unsupported recording media. This "optimal recording strategy prediction algorithm" prevents troubles such as the purchased disc not being usable. Achieves a stable record with peace of mind.
7 ) Various software that enhances BD / DVD life
BD Drive Utility
"Pure Read" mode switching that reduces errors by adjusting the reading method of music CDs with scratches or stains You can also set "Custom Eco Function".
-PowerDVD 14 (CyberLink): BDXL compatible BD / DVD playback software
-PowerDirector 16 LE (CyberLink): Video editing software
Smartphone shooting video (9:16 portrait size) editing function convenient for SNS posting, and multiple We have added a new video collage function that arranges the videos of the above on one screen.
-Power2Go 11 (CyberLink): BDXL compatible disc writing software
"Disk Manager" that refers to information on previously written discs, and a function that allows you to create a secure disc by encryption when writing data or copying discs. I am adding.
-InstantBurn 5 (CyberLink): Packet writing software
-LabelPrint 2.5 (CyberLink): Label creation printing software
-PhotoDirector 10 LE (CyberLink): Photo data editing software
Detects faces with the newly installed AI face recognition engine "FaceMe®" and tags them with names to speed up the work of organizing a large amount of photo data. increase. It also has a full range of functions such as advanced layer editing.
-AudioDirector 7 LE (CyberLink): Video audio editing software
-ColorDirector 5 LE (CyberLink): Video color editing software
* 1 It is necessary to install the attached "acceleration filter driver" for this unit. When the "acceleration filter driver" is disabled, the maximum speed may not be 16 times.
* 2 For details on compatible media, refer to the media list posted on the Pioneer website.
* 3 We do not guarantee reading of all discs or reading in all PC environments.
* 4 When using the "Pure Read" function, the maximum playback speed of music CDs and CD-ROMs is 40 times faster because reading accuracy is prioritized. This function can be set (ON / OFF switching) with the included Pioneer BD Drive Utility.
* 5 We do not guarantee the operation on all Android devices. In addition, a conversion cable suitable for your Android device is required for connection. Please check the Pioneer website for details.
* 6 As this is application software for bundles, its specifications, functions, and version numbers are different from those on the market. The operation of the attached software is based on the support status of each software manufacturer.
[DVD region setting]
The region code of this unit is initially set to "2". You can change the region code up to 4 times with the region playback control function of this unit, but please note that it will be fixed as the final region code with the 4th change. The method of changing (setting) the region and the number of times it can be changed may differ depending on the DVD playback software and OS.
For details on the operating environment, see the following product site.
* Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation and / or its affiliates.
* Mac, OS X, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
* Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
* Gracenote and Gracenote MusicID are registered trademarks or trademarks of Gracenote Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.