If you want to make the transition from playing at home to performing at parties, bars and eventually clubs, Pioneer's new XDJ-RR 2-channel all-in-one DJ system for rekordbox is your kit.
The XDJ-RR is compatible with Pioneer's professional performance application rekordbox dj (licence included) but if you don't want to use a PC/Mac, you can export your rekordbox-analysed music to USB storage devices, plug them into the controller and play tracks directly from them.
You can keep an eye on all the information you need thanks to the XDJ-RR's 7-inch full-colour screen and use performance features and FX inherited from the NXS2 set-up - such as Hot Cues, Slip Loop and Beat FX - to craft unique mixes on the fly.
A licence key for rekordbox dj worth €139 is included with the XDJ-RR so you can plug it into your PC or Mac straight out of the box and start mixing. If you already own rekordbox dj, upgrade to the latest version to use the XDJ-RR.
To help protect your XDJ-RR on the road, the DJC-RR BAG will be available from early October (EMEA only) at an SRP of €119. The bag is perfectly sized to snugly fit the all-in-one DJ system and features a Durashock moulded body and ballistic polyester to prevent damage from knocks and vibrations.
Key features of the XDJ-RR
- The XDJ-RR inherits its layout design and many of its performance controls, features and FX from Pioneer's flagship CDJ-2000NXS2 professional multi player and DJM-900NXS2 professional mixer set-up. You can play rekordbox-analysed tracks directly from USB storage drives or connect your PC/Mac to the XDJ-RR and use rekordbox dj. You also have the option to use Link Export mode.
- Connect your PC/Mac to the USB-B port at the rear of the XDJ-RR and plug USB drives into the dual USB-A ports on the top of the system to ensure seamless handovers between DJs.
- Browse and select tracks quickly via the 7-inch full-colour screen, using the GUI design and large rotary selector from the CDJ-2000NXS2 multi player. Get a quick visual reference of track information such as playback position, BPM and waveforms for more accurate mixing and scratching.
Enhance your sets using dedicated controls for performance features:
- Hot Cues: mark various points in your tracks and instantly play from them by hitting the Hot Cue pads. Create live remixes by triggering Hot Cues in unique sequences.
- Beat Loop: loop a section of a track and the XDJ-RR automatically sets the loop-out point based on the BPM. You can chop up loops on the fly.
- Slip Loop: switch on Slip Loop and tracks keep playing silently in the background when you're scratching or using other performance features. Then, when you're ready to drop the track back in, it plays from exactly the right place.
- Beat Jump: easily change the way a track develops by jumping backwards or forwards by the number of beats you choose.
Mixer section with professional FX
Perform smooth mixes using the EQs and channel faders, which feature curves equal to those on the DJM-900NXS2 professional club mixer. You can spice up your sets with FX also inherited from the flagship mixer:
Beat FX: change the sound in sync with the beat:
Sound Color FX: add texture and tension by simply turning the knob:
- Dub Echo
- Connect the XDJ-RR to a power source and your speakers or sound system and you're ready to perform. There's no need for cables between the player and mixer sections.
- Play music from external sources or mobile devices thanks to the AUX input.
- Connect your laptop directly to the XDJ-RR with a single USB cable and play the tracks in your rekordbox library without exporting them to a USB drive.
The wallet-friendly standalone XDJ-RR ($1,100 ) could be concidered as a slimmed-down XDJ-RX2, with a $600 cheaper price tag to match.
Compared with the XDJ-RX2, the new XDJ-RR has fewer Beat FX and color FX, it lacks colored waveforms (offers almost teh same waveforms you see on CDJ-2000NXS2s), there is no touchscreen, it has only four performance pads, and finally, there's no booth outs.
|Frequency characteristic||20 Hz to 20 kHz (USB, AUX, MIC)|
|S/N Ratio||112 dB (USB)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.003 % (USB)|
|Inputs||AUX x 1 (RCA)
MIC x 1 (XLR & 1/4-inch TRS jack)
|Outputs||MASTER x 1 (XLR)
MASTER x 2 (RCA)
PHONES x 2 (1/4-inch stereo phone jack x 1, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
|USB||USB (Type A) x 2
USB (Type B) x 1
|Dimensions (WｘDｘH)||625.0 x 388.5 x 74.2 mm|
|Accessories||Power cord, AC adapter, USB cable,
Quick Start Guide, rekordbox dj licence key card
|rekordbox system requirements|
|Mac||macOS High Sierra 10.13 (Updated to the latest version)
macOS Sierra 10.12 (Updated to the latest version)
OS X 10.11 (Updated to the latest version)
|Windows||Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (The latest service pack)|
|CPU||Intel processor Core i7, i5, i3|
|Memory||4 GB or more of RAM|