- An improved camera: Blackberry has implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
- Better performance: PRIV?s software has been tweaked to improve overall system performance
- Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
- Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December?s security patches
In addition, updates are coming to BlackBerry?s Android apps: Blackberry Keyboard, Blackberry Hub, Blackberry Camera, and DTEK by BlackBerry. The latest version of each will be available through the Google Play Store on December 14. The improvements include:
- Camera: New filters
- Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing
- Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp
- DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info
Here is how to upgrade your PRIV:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the update, in order to avoid unnecessary data charges.
- Look for the update alert in your phone?s notifications tray. You can also check for software updates by going to Settings -> About -> System Updates and tapping the "Check for Updates" button.
- Choose to apply the update, and it will download in the background. You can continue to use your PRIV while it does so.
- Restart your phone to complete the installation process.