"Memory Stick Micro" media is approximately one-quarter the size of "Memory Stick PRO Duo" media, yet only about 1.2 mm thick. The media's edges are slotted lengthwise to allow for more slim-line designed connectors to reduce space in host devices. As dual-voltage media, Memory Stick Micro supports devices operating at 3.3 volts and 1.8 volts.
Memory Stick Micro is designed as an externally removable media with a controlled eject function to prevent users losing the media. Users will be able to insert Memory Stick Micro into an adapter for exchanging data to a Memory Stick PRO compatible product.
Dr. Eli Harari, president and chief executive officer of SanDisk Corporation, said, "The Memory Stick PRO format co-developed with Sony has become a highly successful product line for us due to its popularity with a wide range of consumer electronic products such as digital cameras and videogame consoles"
The Memory Stick Micro media will be made available in the first half of 2006.
Memory Stick Micro Specifications
- Dimensions: 15 x 12.5 x 1.2 mm
- Connector Pin: 11-pin
- Maximum Capacity: 32GB (Theoretical)
- Max. Data Transfer Rate: 160 Mbps (Theoretical)
- Operating Voltage: 1.7 - 1.95 V and 2.7 - 3.6 V
- Interface: Serial I/F and 4-bit parallel I/F
- Operating Temperature: -25 degrees to +85 degrees C
- Copyright Protection Technology: MagicGate