In today’s world demand for visual brilliance and digital content creation is skyrocketing, paving the way for more advanced technologies that support the production and consumption of rich content. For consumers, students, and professionals, fast, reliable tools are a must-have to keep their imaginations flowing.
Building upon its award-winning SSD portfolio, Western Digital released the WD Blue™ SN580 NVMe™ solid state drive (SSD). The new, NVMe PCIe® Gen 4.0 internal flash drive is purpose-built for the creative enthusiast community and professionals to use when upgrading current PCs or elevating a custom build.
“As creator workflows become more robust and complex with heavy applications and large multimedia assets like 4K video, it’s easy to become frustrated with long load times,” said Eric Spanneut, vice president of client and enterprise SSDs for Western Digital. “The new WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD boosts productivity, so professionals and entrepreneurial creators can focus on bringing their imaginations to life without having to wait long for files to transfer or programs to load.”
The WD Blue SN580 is the first drive within the WD Blue product portfolio to feature nCache™ 4.0 technology and NVMe PCIe® Gen 4.0 to enable professionals, PC builders and content creators to focus more on what they do best rather than worrying about load and file transfer times.
Key features of the new WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD include:
- NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0: Boost productivity and multitask effortlessly between projects with large and complex workflows with increased application responsiveness and boot times with up to 4,150 MB/s read and write speeds† (1TB - 2TB models).
- nCache 4.0 technology: Enables blistering fast copying of large files and media assets with high burst write performance and hybrid SLC cache for an optimized creator workflow.
- Sleek design: Up to 2TB ‡‡ of storage on a slim M.2 2280 form factor for reliable storage of applications, data, and media including photos, 4K videos and music.
- Reliability: Have peace of mind with Western Digital’s 5-year limited warranty* and a rating up to 900TBW** (2TB model).
- Low Power requirements: Keep creating uninterrupted when you’re in the zone or on the go with DRAM-less, low-power storage to help maximize your laptop’s battery life.
Pricing and Availability
The WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD is now available for purchase from the Western Digital Store and select retailers, e-tailers, resellers and system integrators, and comes with a 5-year limited
Capacities range from 250GB up to 2TB and start in the U.S. at $27.99 MSRP (USD).