Android 11 will soon be coming to Xperia, we’re pleased to announce our roll-out plan starting from December.
As well as new standard features that give you even more power in how you control and use your device, the update brings 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion movie recording to Xperia 1 II, enabling you to capture stunning slow-motion footage.
Rollout timeline. Android 11 will be available for the following smartphones:
Xperia 1 II: from December ‘20
Xperia 5 II: from end of January ‘21
Xperia 10 II: from end of January ‘21
Xperia 1: from early February’21
Xperia 5: from early February’21
The new tech provides easier ways to manage conversations, privacy settings and so much more. Here’s a quick summary of what to expect:
- Management of chat conversations all in one place. Priority conversations with selected friends and family can be shown on your lock screen from multiple messaging apps
- Conversation bubbles. Pin conversations from any messaging app (provided it is supported by the app) so they always appear on top of other apps and screens, to give you more options for multi-tasking
- Screen recording. Capture what’s happening on your screen with no need for an additional app
- Single app for management of connected devices. Manage your home connected devices such as heating, lighting and security all in one place, just long press the power button to bring up the controls
- Audio choice. Quick setting to control media playback, simply switch from headphones to a speaker with one touch so you don’t miss a beat
- Quicker voice access. Faster and easier to use voice access across app withs intuitive labels and even offline access
- Increased security. Additional security and privacy fixes will be sent directly to your phone from Google Play so your Xperia is updated with the latest defences
- Easier access permission for apps. Control what apps can access sensitive data or not with one-time permissions for apps that might only need to access it once, and auto permission reset for apps that haven’t been used in a long time.
For more information about Android 11, please visit https://www.android.com/android-11/
 Recording time restrictions apply. 4K HDR 120fpd available on Cinemaphotography Pro on 24mm camera. Quality of playback is subject to platform and device screen capabilities.
 Software rollouts are a phased process - timing and availability will vary by market and/or operator.