The company has already released the iOS 5.0.1 update through its developers center. The update includes containing fixes for reported issues:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
The iOs 5.0.1 update is expected to reach consumers in the following weeks.
Spanish Firm Wins Tablet Case
In related news, a small Spanish tablet maker has won a patent infringement battle with Apple.
Spain's Nuevas Tecnologias y Energias Catala (NT-K) has successfully appealed a 2010 injunction from a Spanich court to ban the import of its tablet computer -- manufactured in China -- to Spain.
NT-K is demanding compensation from Apple for losses during the ban of its product and is suing the U.S. giant for alleged anticompetitive behavior.