FUJIFILM is launching the FUJIFILM X-T4 flagship mirrorless digital camera along with the instax mini 11, a stylish renewal of the mini format entry model.
The X-T4 is the pinnacle of the X Series, delivering the highest performance in both stills and video. It features a new shutter unit and the fastest ever autofocus performance in an X Series camera. The X-T4 is also the first model in the X-T Series to feature in-body image stabilization (IBIS), boosting the potential of the camera for stills and video shooting. The new Film Simulation mode, ETERNA Bleach Bypass, simulates the traditional film processing technique to create a unique world of low saturation and high contrast.
The new mechanical shutter is rated for 300,000 actuations and allows for shooting at up to 15 fps while remaining 30% quieter than previous iterations. Alongside the return of DCI 4K 60p recording, the X-T4 has a new 240 fps slow-motion mode at 1080p and the ability to record in 10-bit F-Log straight to a UHS-II SDXC card in either of its dual slots. Additionally, both video- and photographers alike will be able to take advantage of the new “ETERNA Bleach Bypass” film simulation, giving them another look to help achieve their creative vision.
Key features and improvements of X-T4 include:
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- DCI/UHD 4K at 60 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
The IBIS mechanism provides 5-axis 6.5 stop image stabilization when used with 18 out of 29 XF / XC lenses, thanks to the use of new materials for the base part, refined layout of the shutter’s shock-absorbing structure and newly developed gyro sensors that boast approx. 8 times the detection accuracy of the IBIS unit in the X-H1. The mechanism assists night photography or action photography such as sports, and also helps video recording in situations prone to camera shake. The new IBIS unit uses magnetic force rather than springs, which boosts functionality while making it approx. 30% smaller and 20% lighter than X-H1’s image stabilization mechanism.
- The X-T4 is equipped with an ultra-fast focal plane shutter. Thanks to newly developed high-torque coreless DC motor, the shutter has the capability to shoot up to 15fps in burst mode, and has advanced response performance with a shutter release lag of just 0.035 seconds. The shutter unit also boasts double the durability with 300,000 actuations and shutter noise approx. 30% quieter compared to the X-T3.
- The NP-W235 battery has a large capacity that is approx. 1.5 times that of an NP-W126S battery. It lasts for approx. 500 frames per charge in the Normal mode, approx. 600 frames per charge in the Economy mode and up to approx. 1,700 frames when two additional batteries are used with the optional battery grip "VG-XT4".
- The X-T4 uses the back-illuminated 26.1MP “X-TransTM CMOS 4” sensor and a high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4.” Combined with FUJIFILM’s color reproduction technology, nurtured over 85 years of R&D for photographic films, the X-T4 delivers a wide variety of options.
- The X-T4 features “ETERNA Bleach Bypass,” a new Film Simulation mode, that uses FUJIFILM’s technology to provide versatile color tones. The new mode simulates “bleach bypass,” a traditional processing technique for silver halide films, creating images with low saturation and high contrast.
- Highlight and shadow tones from -2 to +4 can now be adjusted by 1/2 stops, instead of 1 stop, allowing for finer tonality. White Balance now has “White Priority” and “Ambience Priority” options in addition to “AUTO.” The “White Priority” mode reproduces white better, while the “Ambience Priority” produces a warmer tone. When “RAW” is selected, you can now choose the non-reversible “Compressed” option in addition to the reversible “Lossless Compressed.”
- The X-T4 is capable of recording Full HD high-speed video at 240P, producing up to 10x slow-motion effect.
- The stills and video modes now have separate menus and the video-only Quick Menu (Q Menu) button has enhanced the camera's simplicity while recording video.
- "Movie optimized control" function has been introduced. Users can adjust exposure with the command dial as well as the touchscreen panel. With this function, you can switch the STILL / MOVIE mode dial on the top panel to swiftly shift into video recording with stored video settings.
- Video in the same format can be recorded on to two SD cards at the same time as backup.
- The F-Log View Assist function has been added to correct low-saturation / low-contrast video while recording F-Log. Video is converted equivalent to BT.709 for display to make it easier to attain correct exposure in video recording.
- The “Fix movie crop magnification” function fixes the video crop rate to prevent changes in the angle of view when switching to a different video mode.
- "MIC jack setting" on the camera can be switched input level between MIC level and LINE level. The camera supports external microphones as well as LINE level input from external audio equipment.
The camera is available for $1,699.00.
Fujifilm instax mini 11
The FUJIFILM “instax mini 11” wil lbe available starting from March 5, 2020.
The “instax” series of instant cameras, launched in 1998, now offers a wide variety of models. The series has gained popularity especially among young people, who love being able to print and share a precious moment on the spot.
The new mini 11 is the first entry model to feature the “Automatic Exposure” function, in which the camera automatically senses the level of ambient light when the shutter button is pressed, and optimizes the shutter speed and flash output according to the condition. It allows users to take photos optimally exposed to the main subject and the background in a variety of situations including a bright sunny day outdoors and a dark indoor condition at a restaurant or a party venue, producing high-quality instant photo prints on the spot.
Another feature that makes taking instax photos easier than ever before is the Selfie Mode, which is ideal for selfies and close-ups. The Selfie Mode can be activated by simply pulling out the front end edge of the lens after powering the camera on.
The camera body has been redesigned for portability along with a fresh look. In addition of it being thinner and lighter than the previous model, the mini 11 sports a rounded body design that fits in users' hands.
The mini 11 is available in five pale tone colors (Blush Pink, Sky Blue, Charcoal Gray, Ice White and Lilac Purple). The camera also comes with two replaceable accessories for the shutter button to change the button's looks according to users' preference.
Specifications instax mini 11
|Film||FUJIFILM instax mini instant film|
|Lens||2 components, 2 elements, f = 60 mm, 1:12.7|
|Viewfinder||Real image finder, 0.37×, with target spot|
|Shooting Range||0.3 m and beyond (use selfie mode for 0.3 m to 0.5 m)|
|Shutter||Programmed electronic shutter 1/2 to 1/250 sec.
Slow synchro for low light
|Exposure Control||Automatic, Lv 5.0 to 14.5 (ISO 800)|
|Film Developing Time||Approx. 90 seconds (varies depending on the ambient temperature)|
|Flash||Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment),
Recycle time: 6.5 seconds or less (when using new batteries),
Effective flash range: 0.3 to 2.7 m
|Power Supply||Two AA-size alkaline batteries (LR6),
Capacity: approx. 10 instax mini film packs of 10 exposures each
|Auto Power Off Time||After 5 minutes|
|Other||Includes film counter and film pack confirmation window|
|Dimensions/Weight||107.6mm×121.2mm×67.3mm 293g (without batteries, strap, and film)|
|Package contents||Two AA-size alkaline batteries (LR6), Hand Strap, Shutter Accessory set|