FUJIFILM will launch the “FUJIFILM X-A7” in Autumn 2019, a new addition to the X Series of compact and lightweight mirrorless digital camera that deliver high image quality with the company's color reproduction technology.
Weighing just 320g, the X-A7 carries a new 24.24MP APS-C sensor, which uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout, and features phase detection pixels across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This enables AF tracking of a moving subject as well as Face / Eye detection AF with ease. The camera also records smooth 4K/30fps video and high-speed video.
The camera has a 3.5-inch LCD monitor with the maximum luminous intensity of approx. 1,000 candelas. Furthermore, this is the first X Series model that features a “vari-angle” monitor that users can adjust to any angles. It can be used in conjunction with the Portrait Enhancer Mode for self-portraits of advanced quality.
- Newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor. The quality of images taken at high ISO sensitivity has been improved over that of the current model. The sensor delivers clear images with low noise even at the ultra-high sensitivity of ISO51200, which is particularly useful when shooting a fast-moving subject or in low light conditions.
The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout, and features about 8.5 times more phase detection pixels than the current model across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy.
Increased data readout speed also significantly reduces the rolling shutter distortion, often observed when shooting a fast-moving subject.
- The X-A7's camera body weighs just 320g, which is about 41g lighter than the current model. When combined with its kit lens, FUJINON Lens XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ, the weight comes to 455g. Its design allows users to take approx. 440 frames per charge.
- The X-A7 reads data from all the pixels on the sensor and uses the ample information equivalent to 6K to produce 4K video. It is capable of recording smooth 4K/30fps video, twice the frame rate of the current model, and can record at 60fps in full-HD and HD video modes. The camera records up to about 15 minutes of 4K video and up to about 30 minutes of full-HD and HD video continuously.
This is the first X Series camera to feature the “Countdown Video” mode, in which the users can specify the duration of video to be filmed from the options of 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds.
The HD High-Speed Video function records HD video at up to 4x frame rate to achieve smooth video even when replaying a fast-moving subject in slow motion.
- The X-A7 features a large 3.5-inch LCD monitor with the wide aspect ratio of 16:9 on its rear panel. It provides a touch-response performance equivalent to or better than that of smartphones in general. Furthermore, a new “Smart Menu”, which enables intuitive operation, allows users to adjust shooting settings with ease while checking the picture's brightness, bokeh level, Film Simulation effect and aspect ratio on the screen. The rear LCD monitor boasts the maximum luminous intensity of approx. 1,000 candelas for a high degree of visibility.
- “Bright Mode” has been added to the Advanced SR Auto function, designed to automatically select the optimum shooting settings. Fujifilm's High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology is fully utilized to produce brighter and more vivid pictures.
- For the first time in the X Series, the X-A7 offers “Light Trails” as a “Scene Position” mode for selecting the ideal camera settings for the chosen scene. This option uses long exposure to capture trails of light, e.g. car's headlight. The shooting progress can be checked in the Live View mode as users enjoy the magical effect.
- Connectivity and connection stability with smartphones and tablet devices
- With the use of the Bluetooth Low Energy technology, the X-A7 can automatically transfer stills and videos to a pre-paired smartphone or tablet device via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app for smartphones and tablet devices. The X-A7 also supports wired data communications with smartphones and tablet devices.