"The new SSDNow V+ is an ideal solid-state drive for high-level consumers and in corporate environments where efficiency and performance are important as more system resources are in use," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "Users will be more productive as the drive now features TRIM support, is available in higher capacities and is speedier overall with improved read/write speeds."
The addition of TRIM support helps keep the SSDNow V+ maintain optimal write speed throughout its lifespan. Using PCMark Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7, the 512GB SSDNow V+ drive received a score of 28,264, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive reached 3,294. PCMark Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7 runs a series of tests such as operating system startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes are moved per second.
The SSDNow V+ is is available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. The drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5" USB enclosure, 2.5" to 3.5" mounting brackets and SATA data and power cables.
The Kingston SSDNow V+ solid-state drive is backed by a three-year warranty.
Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Speed: 230MB/sec. read; 180MB/sec. write
- 2.5" form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Shock Resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Storage temperatures: -40 C to 85 C
- Operating temperatures: 0 C to 70 C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Power specs: 2.6W active; 0.15W idle
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF