The stylish phone has a 6.8-inch POLED display, it suppoprts an ASMR recording mode and also a Wacom stylus:
Here’s a look at its specifications:
- Screen: 6.8-inch FullHD+ POLED display, 20.5: 9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 128GB ROM, up to 2TB microSD
- Rear camera: 48–megapixel main (f1.8 0.8μm 79 degrees) + 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor (f2.2 1.12μm 120 degrees)+ 5-megapixel depth sensor (f2.4 1.12μm 81 degrees)
- Front camera: 16-megapixel (f1.9 0.1μm 73 degrees))
- Battery: 4,300 mAh
- Software: Android 10.0
- Internal storage:128GB UFS 2.1
- Stereo speakers, AI sound
- Weight: 180g
- Networks: 3G / 4G LTE-A/ 5G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a,b,g,n,ac / Bluetooth 5.1 / NFC / USB Type-C
LG says the phone has IP68 certification, so it’s water and dustproof. It’s also military standard 810G compliant, so it’ll likely survive drops and harsh environmental conditions.
The LG Velvet has support for a Wacom stylus and it comes pre-loaded with a Nebo note-taking app that converts your handwriting to text. The 'Stylus Pen' as well as the 'LG Dual Screen' accessories are sold separately.
The device packs an ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) recording mode, which maximizes the sensitivity of the two high-performance microphones in order to capture more vivid sound during video shooting.In addition, a steady cam mode uses AI to compensate for your hand shaking when you’re holding the phone while recording. It also features speed controls for timelapse recording and voice focus to adjust out-of-focus audio recording while shooting a video.
LG Velvet is priced at 899,800 South Korean Won ($734), and it’ll go on sale on May 15 in the country. The company hasn’t revealed pricing for international markets yet.