- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3437U vPro 1.9 GHz up to 2.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 128-256 GB SSD, 4-8 GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4' drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 10.1", sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 10.6" x 7.4" x 0.75"
- Weight: 2.43lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
- I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS.
Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5 GHz Dual core
- Memory: 16 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, micro SDHC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5' drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 7", daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
- Battery: 8.0 hours - Large 5,720mAh battery
- Dimensions: 8.7"x 5.1" x 0.7"
- Weight: 1.2lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
- I/O: Micro USB
Toughpad tablets are MIL-STD-810G tested for drops, fluid ingress and temperature, to assure they deliver reliable performance under circumstances that render typical tablets non-operational. Devices feature daylight viewable screens, user-replaceable or serviceable batteries, a stylus for signature capture and handwriting (on the FZ-G1 and FZ-A1 with 3rd party apps), and multiple options for peripheral connectivity.
Security features like encryption, IPsec VPN, trusted boot, root protection and FIPS compliance are available in various configurations of the Toughpad FZ-A1 and Toughpad JT-B1. Compatibility with Mobile device management (MDM) tools are also available to allow IT managers to manage applications, secure devices from unauthorized use and perform many other tasks.
Toughpad tablets are supported by an ecosystem that includes an enterprise-focused app store, developer tools and deployment support. Panasonic will offer a full set of professional-grade accessories to support the Toughpad line, including cases, mounts, printers, keyboards, magnetic stripe readers, smart card readers and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
The 10" Windows 8 Pro-based Toughpad FZ-G1 will be available in March starting at $2,899. The 7" Android-powered Toughpad JT-B1 will ship in February starting at $1,199. The 10" Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 is now shipping, starting at $1,299.