With Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000nexus can be easily linked together (via LAN cables) with multiple Pro DJ Link enabled Pioneer CDJ players for the convenience of sharing a single music-filled SD card or USB storage. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer's rekordbox music management software can be interfaced with the DJM-2000nexus for times when two DJs want to transition between performances.
Two additional functions, Beat Slice and Sync Master, were added to the mixer to take advantage of the Pro DJ Link connection:
- BEAT SLICE - When Beat Slice is activated, the BPM of music from a player is automatically synced, a short sample of the track (slice) is temporarily stored in the DJM-2000nexus and its waveform appears on the built-in touch panel display. The waveform is separated and shown in eight parts (single, quarter, half, and eighth beats) on the display. A touch of each part creates entirely new sound effects that play along with the beat of the sampled music.
- SYNC MASTER - The beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple players connected to the mixer via Pro DJ Link are automatically synchronized with the master clock of the DJM-2000nexus. The playback tempo and beats can also be adjusted using the built-in touch panel display and numerous tracks can be arranged with ease without having to synchronize the beats of each player.
The DJM-2000nexus is utilizing an audio circuit clock that features a stable crystal oscillator, as well as noise reduction circuitry in its audio power source. The mixer also features a balanced hybrid op-amp and a balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage to decrease induced noise, resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD.
A newly integrated peak limiter keeps audio playing at all times, even at maximum output level, limiting distortion during playback and preventing damage to the mixer. To increase durability, the DJM-2000nexus features high-performance channel faders that can withstand heavy use.
The mixer now utilizes chrome-plated knobs for adjusting effect frequencies as well as white LED illumination for the beat button to match the look of the CDJ-2000nexus. The top center section of the mixer features EFX capabilities to provide a bounty of digital effects, while each side section of the panel offers audio mixing controls for up to four digital or USB sources. The middle section contains INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions for additional sound effects.
The DJM-2000nexus also incorporates a full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for remixing beats and adding audio effects with a simple touch of the screen. Users can also simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by touching different areas of the screen at the same time. Four different performance modes are available including:
- Beat Slice - Enables a section of a track to be stored for additional audio effects
- Frequency mix - Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance just the bass region within the music they're mixing.
- Sidechain remix - DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects by touching the screen.
- MIDI mode - Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to external DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
Numerous buttons for the evolved Beat Effects were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters. Manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that change the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. With the turn of a knob, users can enhance the effects of each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm.
The INST FX provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each effect can be brought into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
A cool feature of the mixer is Live Sampler that allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The "sampled" sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000nexus or CDJ-900 for scratching or sampling.
When linked with a CDJ-2000nexus player, the mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable change color based on the current on-air status and channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ.
The DJM-2000nexus also features a USB audio interface that allows a direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording3 of performances.
Additional features of the DJM-2000nexus include:
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator - Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
- Digital In - Digital audio inputs for each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play - Connection with Pioneer CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over - Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter - Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross fader Assign Function - Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust Function - Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
- Auto Standby Function - Switches power to standby mode when no operation or input is detected for a certain period of time.
The DJM-2000nexus will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $2999.