Some of the key features Sony is adding to PS4 in this update include:
- Friend Online Notification - Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as Sony has added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline - Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as Sony has added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event - The ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system has been added. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together - This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) - Sony is bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion - With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. Sony will also support archiving live broadcasts.