The dimensions of the Sansa e200 are 1.7 in. wide x 3.5 in. long x 0.5 in. high (4.4 cm wide x 8.9 cm long x 1.3 cm high). Screen size is 1.8-inch (4.572 cm) TFT color screen (QCIF+).
In addition to holding thousands of songs, the Sansa e200 includes a plethora of features:
- An open (non-proprietary) digital rights management system that allows users to purchase songs or access subscription download services from numerous sources
- A microSD expansion slot for additional memory capacity and support for SanDisk TrustedFlash content cards that can be played not only on Sansa players but also on mobile phones equipped with microSD card slots.
- Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording
- Voice recording with a built-in microphone
- Sleek 1.8? TFT color screen for easy viewing and advanced navigational features within an easy to use interface
- User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life
- Scratch resistant alloy metal back casing
- Multi-pin universal connector for future accessory upgrades, battery charging and USB 2.0 connectivity
For instant access to millions of digital songs, the Sansa e200 series players support Microsoft PlaysForSure so consumers can download and pay for songs individually or download an unlimited amount of music for a flat monthly subscription fee from music stores such as Rhapsody To Go and others.
The player is designed to work with a wide range of popular music formats such as MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) in both unprotected and protected files (such as those WMA files purchased from music stores).
In conjunction with the rollout of the e280 and in preparation for the holiday season, SanDisk has lowered its prices on the entire Sansa e200 line of products, including the existing 2, 4 and 6GB models.
Current pricing on the Sansa e200 product line includes a 2GB flash-based player for under $140 MSRP.
Sandisk holds the second-largest market share in digital music players behind Apple.