Both the BlackArmor NAS 440 and BlackArmor NAS 220 network storage servers are designed to help businesses with up to 50 employees and little or no IT support, centralize and secure data with maximum uptime by delivering:
- Software management tools that are compatible across the family to provide a consistent user experience and future growth path with minimal training or the need for additional support.
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory 2000, 2003, 2008 for populating users and groups.
- Security with powerful hardware-based encryption.
- Remote access with the included, web-based Seagate Global Access service and FTP functionality.
- Quick start features, ability to easily view or map shared volumes to a computer, or back up the PC from which you are working from, using the BlackArmor Discovery tool software, which automatically displays all BlackArmor NAS products connected to the network.
- Full-system backup and recovery .
- Event email notification to alert the user about status and changes to the server.
- Additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage devices.
The BlackArmor NAS 440 server is configured with RAID 5 and ships with 10 backup software licenses out-of-the-box, while the BlackArmor NAS 220 server ships with RAID 1 configuration for automatic data mirroring and 5 backup software licenses. Additional licenses for both products can be purchased in 2 and 5 -set increments on Seagate.com.