Pjotr van Schothorst, Technical Director at VSTEP and producer of the game, adds: "We have been tuning in to the growing Ship Simulator community since day 1 and have received a ton of ideas and suggestions to further enhance the simulation. We are thrilled to be able to reward a lot of them and we are working hard to get as many features in the 2007 edition as we can."
New version set for June 2007
Ship Simulator 2007 will include the following new features:
- Ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
- Advanced day/night/weather system
- Large-distances trips between harbours (open sea missions)
- Walkthrough options on all new ships
- Mid-mission save function
- Visible damage on ships after a collision
- New navigation instruments, like a depth meter
- Advanced towing and mooring rope operations
- Complex and challenging missions, like chasing other ships, container loading, fire-fighting, rescue operations
- Three brand new exciting sailing areas: San Francisco, Southampton/Solent incl. Cowes, and Marseille
- At least nine new vessels, under which several ferries, a hovercraft, a massive container ship, an offshore drilling rig, an oil tanker, a rescue boat and a jet-ski.
- Two cranes for container loading and unloading, which can be controlled by the player