Spansion SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0 Volt 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now
- 1.8 Volt 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C)
- 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC
- SLC NAND performance with 25µs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 µs programming
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software