- High-quality Bluetooth aptX wireless audio
- Available in a selection of matt finishes, or natural walnut
- 3-speed (including 78rpm) belt-drive mechanism with die-cast platter
- Built-in Phono EQ Amplifier with subsonic filter
- Static-balanced S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell
- 16-bit/48kHz USB digital output for PC recording
- Supplied high performance AT-95E moving magnet (MM) cartridge
An evolution of TEAC’s best-selling TN-300 turntable, the TN-400BT also features key technological improvements.
The onboard phono EQ amplifier (designed to support moving magnet cartridges such as the Audio-Technica AT-95E that’s supplied), provides a simple way to connect the turntable to hi-fi amplifiers and audio systems that lack turntable inputs. A new subsonic filter prevents warped records from generating poor quality, uncontrolled low bass.
Naturally, the phono stage also has a USB-output (16-bit/48kHz) for digital archiving onto a PC but it’s the Bluetooth wireless streaming system that’s the stand-out feature here. It’s equipped with the higher quality aptX and AAC codecs.
To reduce mechanical friction a new low-resistance spindle has also been developed which, used together with a brass bearing and the precision die-cast aluminium platter, helps maintain a very stable rotational speed.
The static S-shaped tonearm ensures accurate tracking during playback and features a universal-type headshell, allowing quick cartridge changes. All three common turntable speeds – including 78rpm – are supported and switching between them is as simple as turning a knob.