This month’s system update on Xbox One brings you screenshots, improved tile transparency and more enhancements.
The update ha salready started rolling out and offers the following:
- Screenshots - While playing a game, you can now take screenshots on your Xbox One console by double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. You can also say "Xbox, take a screenshot" to take and save a screenshot.
- The Upload app has been updated so that you can manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips. You can set a screenshot as your background, upload to share screenshots to your activity feed, attach them to messages, add screenshots to your showcase, share to Twitter, and post to OneDrive. Additionally, your game clips and screenshots will be shown in a new area on your profile.
- Suggested friends - Suggested friends will include people you might know and top community broadcasters and clip creators.
- Sharing your name - Two new ways are available to share your real name: with all of your friends, or to everyone in the Xbox Live community. You can also continue to share your real name with select friends or no one. Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not know you by your gamertag.
- Party chat enhancements - Microsoft added two new icons to party chat to show each participant their own microphone status. The Kinect icon means the Kinect is being used as the mic and the headset icon means the headset mic is being used.
- Tile transparency - A new setting allows you to vary the level of transparency for your background images.
- Voice search privacy - Microsoft has added a new setting to share voice search data to allow anonymous collection and analysis of voice data when using Bing on Xbox to search.
- Report spam - The Messages app has an added option to notify Xbox when you receive spam.
- Live TV & OneGuide in Australia - Support for OneGuide is now available to all users in Australia for free-to-air TV listings. Additionally, the OneGuide app will be pre-pinned for users in Australia a few days after the March system update goes live.
- Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia - Xbox One owners in Australia can pre-purchase the Xbox Digital TV Tuner at the online Microsoft Store, Availability of the tuner is planned for March 25, 2015.