QuickTime 7 Player for Windows features:
- support for H.264, the state-of-the-art, worldwide video standard;
- support for playing up to 24 channels of audio, including 5.1 and 7.1 audio;
- new and improved playback controls, including jog shuttle and variable speed playback options;
- zero-configuration streaming for easy access to the optimal streaming experience; and
- live resizing for smooth playback as a user changes the size of the QuickTime 7 Player window.
QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows features:
- H.264 video encoding for easy creation of pristine video for any use, from 3G to HD and everything in between;
- support for configuring and encoding 5.1 audio;
- new full-screen controls for easy access to player controls in full-screen mode;
- native support for VBScript, enabling QuickTime workflow automation;
- background exporting to allow users to continue working during exports; and - all-new movie settings for simple and efficient movie authoring.
Pricing & Availability
The preview release of QuickTime 7 Player for Windows is available immediately as a free download from www.apple.com/quicktime. The preview release of QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows is available from the Apple Store (www.apple.com) for $29.99 (US) for a single user license. The final versions of QuickTime 7 Player and QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows will be available this summer.