ASUS has made available its education-focused Chromebook Flip C213, with prices to start from $349.
Announced in January, the Chromebook Flip C213 is a rugged notebook and has been designed to take bumps and bruises from daily use by students. To reinforce this, ASUS touts a MIL-STD-810G spec construction, rated to protect it from drop damage (from nearly 4 feet) and moisture (spills up to 60ml). The outside of the laptop is protected by a rubber 'bumper' to protect it, as well as to reinforce the I/O ports.
The Flip operates in various rotational modes - a standard laptop, a tent, a stand, and tablet modes. It also features dual cameras, a 5MP on the back and an HD camera on the front.
The 360-degree all metal hinges attach to the 11.6" touchscreen, working at a native resolution of 1366x768. ASUS is offering two versions of the screen for two different use models: the first screen type uses an anti-glare finish, while the second is protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass as well as supporting an stylus.
The included 46Wh battery is said to last up to 12 hours of continuous use. The unit uses Chrome OS (59) to provide access to all of Google tools made for business and education, called the 'G Suite'.
The Flip C213 is powered by an Intel Apollo Lake N3350 dual core CPU clocked at 1.1 GHz (base) and capable of bursting to 2.4 GHz. It uses 4GB DRAM and 32GB of eMMC storage rated up to 300 MB/s sequential reads and 140 MB/s sequential writes. Wireless is provided by an 802.11AC 2x2 Wi-Fi card with Bluetooth 4.0. There are also 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C ports, 2x USB 3.1 Type-A ports, a micro SD card reader and a 3.5mm audio combo jack.
Pricing on the two versions comes in at $349 for the anti-glare screen, while the Gorilla Glass version with an optional stylus will come in at $399.
- Processor: Intel Celeron Dual-Core N3350 Processor, 1 GHz (2 M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz)
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Chipset: Integrated Intel CPU
- Memory: 4 GB Onboard Memory
- 11.6" (16:9) LED backlit HD+ (1366x768) 60Hz Anti-Glare Touchscreen with 50% NTSC with 178° wide-viewing angle display
- 11.6" (16:9) LED backlit HD+ (1366x768) 60Hz Glare Touchscreen with 45% NTSC with 178° wide-viewing angle display
- Graphic: Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Storage: eMMC 32GB
- Keyboard: Chicklet keyboard
- Card Reader: Multi-format card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Front 1 MP and Rear 5 MP
- HD camera (Front)
- Wi-Fi: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n/ac(2x2)
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth V4.0
- 1 x COMBO audio jack
- 2 x Type A USB3.0 (USB3.1 GEN1)
- 2 x Type C USB3.0 (USB3.1 GEN1) support display & support power delivery
- 1 x micro SDXC card reader
- 1 x Volume up/down
- Audio: Built-in Stereo 2 W Speakers And Dual-Array Microphone
- Battery: 4 Cells 46 Whrs Polymer Battery
- Power Adapter:
- Plug Type :USB TYPE C
- Output: 15 V DC, 3 A, 45 W
- Input: 100 - 240 50/60 Hz universal (while attached)
- 307 x 199 x 20.65 cm (WxDxH)
- 307 x 199 x 20.9 cm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 1.25 lbs with Battery
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1-year International warranty. 1-year battery pack warranty