The technology of Bluetooth Headsets has been evolving at a rapid pace. High quality, noise canceling Bluetooth headsets can now be had for around $100.00. Last year, Aliph took the world by storm with the introduction of the Jawbone with state of the art DSP technology.
Now, Australia's BlueAnt - the manufacture of some of the highest rated headsets on this site - enters the DSP world with a new twist. Don't be fooled by its diminutive size, this is an amazing piece of technology wrapped up in a very small package. Is this the new king of the Bluetooth hill?
BlueAnt makes some of the finest and most economical Bluetooth Headsets on the market. Now they bring a new type of DSP (Digital Signal Processor) technology to the table - which they call Voice Isolation Technology.
About BlueAnt Wireless
BlueAnt Wireless is Australia’s largest supplier of Bluetooth peripheral devices. BlueAnt’s product portfolio includes hands-free, stereo audio streaming and wireless communication products offering cutting-edge technology, design and features. BlueAnt’s Global Head Office is located in Melbourne, Australia and the company’s recent expansion has seen the opening of a North American office in New York, as well as a London office servicing the European market.
For further company information, please refer to BlueAnt’s North American website: www.myblueant.com
The "Official" line on the Z9
Awarded for its innovative design at CES 2007, the Z9 leads the next generation of Bluetooth headsets with its stylish design and use of dual microphone, noise reduction technology via BlueAnt’s patented Voice Isolation Technology™, a revolutionary proprietary Digital Signal Processor (DSP) software solution.
Voice Isolation Technology™ uses sophisticated techniques to separate the voice signal from all background noise, enhancing and isolating all frequencies that affect voices coming in to and out of the headset and resulting in noise suppression, wind noise reduction and echo cancellation.
In addition, the Z9 incorporates two ‘Voice Isolation’ modes that a user can switch between when making a call – ‘Voice Isolation Standard’ for use in normal everyday environments providing a natural sounding voice while removing mild background noise and ‘Voice Isolation Max’ to provide superior intelligible voice clarity for use in extreme noise environments.
BlueAnt’s Z9 is a sophisticated addition to the already, highly successful BlueAnt product range. The Z9 Bluetooth Headset offers a range of advanced specifications making it one of the most innovative Bluetooth headsets to be launched to date. It offers a range of differentiating features such as:
- Winner of a CES 2007 Innovations Design & Engineering Award
- Bluetooth v2.0 technology
- Dual microphones for pure speech
- Revolutionary Voice Isolation Technology™ produces outstanding noise suppression, wind noise reduction and echo cancellation, with zero voice distortion
- Separates the desired voice signal from background signals enabling crystal clear communication in the noisiest of environments
- Incorporates ‘Voice Isolation’ Standard & Max settings adjustable to surrounding noise environments
- "On-the-Fly" switching between multiple devices (up to 3)
- Automatic connection & reconnection with notification
- Different ring-tones for known and unknown contacts
- Innovative tie clip for attaching to shirt or cuff, when not in use
- Stylish, translucent ear hook
- Firmware upgrade via USB on your PC
- Small & lightweight (just 1.5” in length & weighs only 0.35 oz)
- Up to 5.5 hrs talk-time or 200 hrs standby
- Locally based customer support center
- 2 Year replacement warranty
MSRP - US$99.95
On to the review......