SanDisk today announced the availability of its new SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD - a drive designed for gamers, PC enthusiasts and media professionals. The SSD promises to offer sequential read speeds of 550 megabytes/second (MB/S) and write speeds of up to 520 MB/s.
SanDisk's nCache Pro technology utilizes a two-tiered caching architecture to optimize speed and endurance for heavy workloads.
The SanDisk Extreme PRO is also supported by the new SanDisk SSD Dashboard application for Windows, which provides drive performance monitoring, firmware updates, manual or scheduled TRIM, secure erase, drive health, longevity, and temperature indicators. The SanDisk SSD Dashboard is available for download at www.sandisk.com/ssddashboard.
The SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD will be available in June. Offering a 10-year limited warranty, the new SSD is compatible with any PC, laptop or game console that accepts 2.5" SATA storage devices, and is offered in capacities of 240GB (MSRP $189), 480GB (MSRP $369), and 960GB (MSRP $599).
- nCache Pro technology delivers sustainable high performance 24 x 7 x 365
- Over-provisioning and over-clocking offer faster performance and long term endurance
- SanDisk?s proprietary tiered caching across three storage layers optimizes write performance
- TRIM support and Background Garbage Collection
- Thermal throttling protects critical drive components against extreme high temperatures
- SanDisk SSD Dashboard includes S.M.A.R.T. support to monitor the health of your SSD in real time to prevent data loss
- Available capacities: 240GB, 480GB and 960GB
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.96 x 0.28 in. (69.85mm x 100.5mm x 7.0 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32?F to 158?F (0?C to 70 ?C)
- Storage temperature: -67?F to 185?F (-55?C to 85?C)
- Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
- Shock: Resistant up to 1500 G @ 0.5 m/sec
- Vibration (Operating/Non-operating) : 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ
- Power Consumption (active): 0.13w (240 GB), 0.15w (480 GB, 960 GB)
- Support: 10 year limited warranty
|Performance||Seq. Read (up to)||550 MB/s||550 MB/s||550 MB/s|
|Seq. Write (up to)||520 MB/s||515 MB/s||515 MB/s|
|Rnd. Read (up to)||100K IOPS||100K IOPS||100K IOPS|
|Rnd. Write (up to)||90K IOPS||90K IOPS||90K IOPS|