In a first for FinePix cameras the FinePix F40fd features a dual memory card slot, which accepts not only Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Card but also the popular Secure Digital (SD) card format.
The new camera also debuts a redesigned outer-shell and Graphical User Interface (GUI) system for Fujifilm's F series. More slim line than its predecessor, at just 23.3mm deep, and available in three colours; silver, gunmetal and blue, the FinePix F40fd is even more pocketable and has a design that reflects the sophisticated technology within. Enhanced 2.5" LCD screen with Fujifilm's wide view filter expands viewing angle by up to 25 degrees compared to earlier models. Furthermore, a new mode dial, for faster access to popular settings, improved button layout and intuitive GUI system, with pop-up prompts to guide the user through the menu, make the camera easier than ever to use.
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm's Director of Photo Products, says: "Fujifilm's F series cameras lead the way in low light photography. The FinePix F40fd further establishes the series as champions of our proven Real Photo Technology. Face Detection, Intelligent Flash and class-leading sensitivity combine to achieve the high image quality that people have come to associate with Fujifilm cameras."
FinePix F40fd features at a glance:
- Face Detection Technology built-in to the camera's processor
- Real Photo Processor II and new Super CCD HR VI
- ISO 2000 sensitivity at full resolution (1600 selectable)
- 8.3 million pixels
- 3.0x optical zoom
- Long-life battery (up to 300 shots)
- IR Communication (IR simple)
- VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with sound
- PictBridge(TM) compatible for direct printing without a PC