The new Gionee ELFIE 5.1 smartphone has set a new Guinness World Record for its dimensions as it's just 5.1mm thick. Developed by Gionee Communication Equipment Co., Ltd., which offers its smartphones mainly in South Asia and South East Asia, the ELFIE 5.1 comes with just 1GB of RAM, 16GB of non-expandable memory and a choice of TRU Octa-core 1.7GHz or Quad core 1.2GHz CPU. Those components are surrounded by a magnesium alloy external frame and topped with a 4.8-inch 720P AMOLED screen.
In terms of the operating software, the Android-powered device features some creative improvements like a "pocket mode" to avoid of mis-touch, gestures control, real time camera effects and many other updated thoughtful features.
Until now, Gionee's most stylish handsets have not been widely available but as well as being on sale in China the ELFIE S 5.1 will be coming to a host of other countries too, starting with India in October.
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE/HSPDA, LTE for China version
- Single SIM
- 4.8 inch 720P Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 306ppi, Gorilla Glass 3rd
- 139.8mm X 67.4mm X 5.15mm
- Amigo OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 KitKat with OTA
- TRU Octa-core 1.7GHz CPU, 1GB of RAM, Quad core 1.2 GHz CPU for China version
- 8.0MP rear camera, LED flash, AF, 720P video capture, and 5.0MP front-facing camera
- 16GB of built-in memory, non expandable
- Active noise cancellation via dedicated microphone
- 2050mAh battery
- OTG to keyboard, mouse and U-disk
- DTS surrounding music sound