Each device in the family has an on-chip 600 MHz oscillator to allow frequency and amplitude control by use of external resistors to ground. The EL623X devices also include a disable feature for power-up protection and power savings. The EL6239, tailored for 8X DVD writers, incorporates low-voltage differential signal (LVDS) inputs on the fast switching lines.
EL6237C, 62328C and 6239C Key Features
- Three-channel (one read and two write levels) and four-channel (one read and three write levels) devices provide controlled current to grounded laser diode - On-chip 600 MHz oscillator allows output current modulation in any mode
- Oscillator amplitude to 100 milliamps peak to peak
- Switching speed of 0.8 nanosecond typical rise/fall time
- Single +5V supply (+/-10%)
- Disable feature for power-up protection and power savings
Availability and Pricing Intersil's Elantec EL6238C dual four-channel driver is available now in a 24-pin leadless plastic package and is priced at $1.50 each in 10,000-unit quantities. The EL6237C dual three-channel driver and EL6239C dual four-channel driver with LVDS will be available this quarter.