Kingston Digital, Inc. today announced it is shipping the A2000 NVMe PCIe SSD.
The single-sided M.2 drive is Kingston’s next-gen XFMExpress, consumer NVMe PCIe SSD utilizing 3D NAND. A2000 delivers efficient performance, lower power and lower heat all at a lower price.
A2000 is a storage solution with read / write speeds up to 2,200 / 2,000MB/s, respectively. It is a self-encrypting drive that supports end-to-end data protection using 256-bit AES Hardware-based encryption that allows the usage of independent software vendors with TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions including Symantec, McAfee, WinMagic and others. The drive also has built-in eDrive support, a security storage specification for use with BitLocker.
A2000 is available in 250GB, 500GB and 1TB capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty.
A2000 Features and Specifications:
- NVMe PCIe performance at a fraction of the cost: A2000 is an affordable solution with read/write speeds up to 2,200/2,000MB/s.
- Full-security suite: Protect and secure your data with Kingston’s self-encrypting drive.
- Optimal systems: Designed for Ultrabooks and small form factor PC (SFF PC) systems.
- Multiple capacities: Upgrade your PC with up to 1TB.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes
- Capacities: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB
- NAND: 3D
- Encrypted: AES 256-bit Hardware-based Encryption
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 250GB – up to 2,000/1,100MB/s
- 500GB – up to 2,200/2,000MB/s
- 1TB – up to 2,200/2,000MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 250GB – up to 150,000/180,000 IOPS
- 500GB – up to 180,000/200,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 250,000/220,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 250GB – 150TBW
- 500GB – 350TBW
- 1TB – 600TBW
- Power Consumption: .0032W Idle / .08W Avg / 1.7W (MAX) Read / 4.5W (MAX) Write
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (20-1000Hz)
- MTBF: 2,000,000
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support