KIOXIA Europe GmbH today announced that it has bolstered its lineup of PCIe 4.0 solid state drives (SSDs) with the addition of the KIOXIA BG5 Series. Designed to bring a suitable balance of performance, cost and power to everyday gamers and PC users, the KIOXIA BG5 Series is built with a PCIe64 GT/s interface (Gen4x4 lanes) and accelerated by the company’s fifth-generation BiCS FLASH 3D flash memory technology.
As a Virtual Multi-LUN (VML) enabled client SSD, the KIOXIA BG5 Series unlocks back-end flash performance while maintaining affordability - making it an especially attractive option for a wide range of commercial and consumer notebooks and desktops. KIOXIA BG5 SSDs also support the latest matured Host Memory Buffer (HMB) technology, thereby realizing finely optimized DRAM-less devices. The KIOXIA BG5 SSDs are supplied in compact M.2 2230 single-sided, thermally optimized form factors, enabling mobility and work-from-home lifestyles. M.2 2280 single-sided form factor versions are also available.
The KIOXIA BG5 Series is available in storage capacities of 256, 512 and 1024 gigabytes (GB).
Key features include:
• Up to 3,500 MB/s sequential read and 2,900 MB/s sequential write
• Up to 500,000 IOPS random read and 450,000 IOPS random write
• Support for the latest TCG Pyrite and Opal standards, as well as end-to-end data protection, ensures data is secure whether at home or in the office.
• Forward-looking support for the NVMe 1.4 feature set and basic management command over System Management Bus (SMBus)
• Power Loss Notification (PLN) signal support to protect data against forced shutdowns
The KIOXIA BG5 Series is now sampling to key industry partners and customers.