LG Electronics' latest LG V30 and V30+ flagship smartphones, available in 64GB and 128GB versions respectively, will be available for pre-order and purchase at carriers within the next two weeks, in-cluding AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon.
V30 users can take advantage of LG's Second Year Promise, which offers limited warranty coverage in year two at no additional cost. And with smartphone VR now coming into its own, the OLED FullVision display takes V30 users into new worlds via Daydream by Google.
"We are so confident in the V30's quality, that in addition to the manufacturer's first year limited warranty, we are now offering free second year coverage upon registration," said Chang Ma, President, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. " Plus, enjoy a service experience that gets you a replacement phone quickly. That's LG's promise to you,"
The new LG V seriessmartphone features an F1.6 aperture and a Crystal Clear glass lens, an OLED FullVision display, Cine Video mode for producing videos, advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC sound and Voice Recognition.
The LG V30 builds on the strengths of the OLED FullVision display in a body that is compact, slim and light. The QHD+ (2880 x 1440) OLED FullVision display offers fast response time with minimal afterimages when viewing an action-packed movie or playing a game with quick movements.
The V30 takes full advantage of this rapid response time with graphics delivered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform to support Day-dream, Google's platform for mobile VR. As part of a promotion with Daydream by Google, V30 owners can also receive a Daydream View headset and a Top VR Content Bundle to explore the possibilities of virtual reality.
The main camera on the rear of the V30 features an F1.6 aperture and a Crystal Clear glass lens for improved light transmittance. The second lens in the V30 dual camera is an upgraded 13MP wide angle lens with two-thirds less edge distortion than in the V20. Using Cine Effect and Point Zoom features, LG's new Cine Video mode allows anyone to produce professional-like movies. Point Zoom allows users to zoom in on any subject smoothly, regardless of its position in the frame, and Cine Effect provides a palette of presets to give videos a unique movie-like look.
Photo capturing is even more advanced with the new V30. Using Graphy in the camera's Manual Mode, users can select professional images from the Graphy website or mobile app and apply the same presets to photos taken with the V30.
The Google Assistant on the LG V30 features capabilities specific to the phone. For example, saying "Ok Google, take a wide-angle selfie" will launch the camera app with the setting on the front-facing camera wide angle mode.
The Second Screen which was introduced in past V series smartphones has evolved into a new Always-on Display (AOD) feature and Floating Bar. When the display is off, the AOD replaces the Second Screen by providing shortcuts to Quick Tools and Music Player without having to turn on the display.
The V30 also features four unlock options. With Face Recognition, the V30 can be unlocked using the front facing camera without pressing any buttons even when the phone's display is off. Voice Recognition uses a combination of the user's voice and user-defined keywords to unlock the V30. The Fingerprint Sensor resides on the rear of the phone for security, and Knock Code allows tapping a pattern on the screen to unlock the V30.
The Rear Key on the LG V30 is equipped with a fingerprint sensor to verify the user's identity, ensuring that your business content remains secure. The LG V30 also supports LG GATE (Guarded Access to Enterprise) for Enhanced Enterprise Security. Features and Manageability Functions include:
- Enhanced EAS (Exchange Active Sync) - Enforces simple security policies, secure corporate data, and provides full wireless email and PIM sync.
- FIP 140-2 Validated - Adds Government-Grade Security Module for enhanced protection for government accounts.
- Platform Security includes:
- Enhanced Secure Boot
- LG Device Integrity Protection
- Data Protection o Key & Certificate Protection
The V30 also allowd employees to remotely and securely access corporate VPN. Lastly, with ThinkFree Viewer, a Microsoft Office- compatible application suite, employees can check work documents remotely.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE- A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging