Shuttle keeps updating its legendary XPC series of mini-PCs, with the latest XPC cube Barebone SH170R6 to feature the sixth generation of Intel Core processors in 14 nm micro-architecture. The SH170R6 has four slots for DDR4 memory modules and supports up to 64 GB RAM (4x 16 GB). Almost any Intel Celeron, Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 LGA1151 processors from the 6000 series up to 95 Watt of TDP can be installed.
A closer look under the hood reveals space for at least three drives and brings four SATA 6 Gbit/s connectors. The SH170R6 also features 1x PCI-Express-x16-3.0 and 1x PCI-Express-x4-3.0. In addition, a Mini-PCI-Express-x1-2.0 and M.2 slot enable installation of a WLAN module and an SSD. The external dimensions are 33.2 x 21.6 x 19.8 cm (DWH).
The eight blue external USB 3.0 ports are accompanied by 8-channel audio, two further USB ports, one of which can be used to charge mobile devices, eSATA and Intel Gigabit Ethernet.
2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI are available for connecting displays. These can be operated in parallel and are able to support (Core i3 or higher required) 4K monitors at 60 Hz (DP) or 30 Hz (HDMI).
A 300 W power supply unit provides the SH170R6 with source of energy even at maximum system configuration (processor, memory, drives). If necessary, it can be replaced by a 500W power supply unit, e.g. if high-end graphics cards are installed. The machine is cooled by an active heatpipe cooling system.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle Barebone SH170R6 is EUR
258.00 (ex VAT). Optional accessories include a WLAN module (WLN-C), an RS-232 connector (H-RS232), 1x 3.5" to 2x 2.5" installation frame (PHD3) and a 500 W power supply unit (PC63J).
- Black aluminium chassis
- Storage bays: 1 x 5.25" (external), 2 x 3.5" (1x internal, 1x external)
- Using the optional accessory PHD3 two 2.5" drives can be installed into one 3.5" bay.
- Front doors for I/O ports and storage drives
- Kensington Security Slot at the back panel (also called K-Slot or Kensington lock) as a part of an anti-theft system
- Dimensions: 33.2 x 21,6 x 19.8 cm (LWH), 14.2 litre
- Weight: 3.5 kg net / 5.0 kg gross
- Mainboard / Chipset
- Shuttle "FH170", Shuttle Form Factor proprietary design for XPC cube Barebone SH170R6
- Dimensions: 270 x 195 mm
- Chipset: Intel H170 Chipset (Intel DH82H170 PCH, code name "Sunrise Point")
- Platform Controller Hub (PCH) as Single-Chip-Solution
- AMI BIOS, SPI Interface, 32 MBit Flash-ROM with SPI interface
- Supports PnP, ACPI 3.0, Hardware Monitoring
- Supports Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
- Supports boot up from external USB flash memory
- Power supply
- Built-in 300 Watt mini switching power supply (Shuttle PC61J)
- AC input voltage: supports 100~240V, 50~60 Hz
- 80 PLUS Bronze compliant
- Active PFC circuit (Power Factor Correction)
- ATX main power connectors: 2x10 and 2x2-pin
- Graphics power connector: 6-pin
- Other connectors: 4x SATA, 2x Molex, 1x Floppy
- Operation System: This system comes without operating system. It is compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 8.1 / 7 and Linux.- 64 bit.
- Processor support
- Socket LGA 1151 (H4) supports the sixth generation of Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3, Pentium and Celeron processors
- Maximum supported processor power consumption (TDP) = 95W
- Codename "Skylake", 14nm process technology, up to 8 MB of L3 cache
- Not compatible with older Socket LGA 1150 processors.
- Does not support the unlock-function of Intel K-Series processors.
- The processor integrates PCI-Express, memory controller
and the graphics engine on the same die (performance features
depending on processor type) .
- Processor cooling
- Shuttle I.C.E. (Integrated Cooling Engine)
- Advanced I.C.E. Heatpipe technology with 3 pipes
- Temperature controlled 92 mm fan
- SilentX cooling and noise reduction technology with Active Airflow
- Memory support
- 4 x 288-pin slots
- Supports DDR4-2133 memory (PC4-17066) at 1.2V
- Supports 2+2 Dual Channel mode
- Supports max. 16 GB per DIMM, maximum total size of 64 GB
- Integrated Graphics
- The features of the integrated Intel HD graphics function depend on the processor type used.
- Supports DirectX 12, OGL 5.x, OCL 2.x
- The PC features three digital video outputs:
- HDMI v1.4 (supports 1080p/60 and 2160p/30)
- 2x DisplayPort v1.2 (support 1080p/60 and 2160p/60)
- Supports displays with 4K Ultra HD resolution at 3840 x 2160
- Supports three independent FullHD displays with the integrated graphics function
- Supports more displays in combination with a discrete graphics card
- Supports Blu-ray (BD) playback with HDCP content protection
- Supports multi-channel digital audio over the same cable
- Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
- PCIe Expansion Slots
1x PCI-Express x16 v3.0 slot (PEG, for graphics cards only)
1x PCI-Express x4 v3.0 slot
This XPC supports dual-slot (double-width) graphics cards - in this case the second PCI-Express slot will be occupied.
Graphics power connector: 6-pin
- M.2 slot
- The M.2 2280 BM slot provides the following interfaces:
- PCI-Express Gen. 3.0 X4 with up to 32 Gbps Data Transfer Speed
- SATA v3.0 (max. 6 Gbps)
- USB 2.0
- It supports M.2 cards with a width of 22 mm and a length of 30, 42, 60 or 80 mm (type 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280).
- Supports M.2 SATA SSDs, M.2 PCIe SSDs and other M.2 cards
- The M.2 2280 BM slot provides the following interfaces:
- Mini PCIe Slot: Mini-PCIe Half-Size slot with PCIe 2.0 and USB 2.0 interface supports one optional Wireless Network (WLAN) card
- 7.1-Channel HD audio
- 7.1 channel High Definition Audio with Realtek ALC892 codec
- Analog: line-out (7.1-ch), line-in, microphone, AUX input (onboard)
- Digital Audio via HDMI and DisplayPort outputs
- Gigabit LAN
- Intel i219LM PHY connected to the MAC of the processor
- Supports 10 / 100 / 1.000 MBit/s operation
- Supports WAKE ON LAN (WOL)
- Supports network boot by Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
- SATA connectors
- The mainboard provides six Serial-ATA 3.0 interfaces, max. 6 Gbps supported
- 4x Serial ATA connector onboard
- 1x External Serial ATA (eSATA) connector at the back panel
- 1x M.2 slot onboard for flash memory cards
- Supports Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST, Raid 0/1/5/10, JBOD)
- Front Panel Connectors and Buttons
- Microphone input
- Headphone output (line-out)
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0 (1x Fast charge port with up to 2A)
- Power indicator (blue LED)
- Hard disk drive indicator (yellow LED)
- Back Panel Connectors
- HDMI v1.4
- 2x DisplayPort v1.2
- 6x USB 3.0
- GigaBit LAN (RJ45)
- External Serial ATA (eSATA 6 Gb/s)
- 7.1-ch Audio line-out (2x rear/front, bass/center, surround/back)
- Audio Line-in
- Clear CMOS button
- Optional: serial port RS-232 (Accessory: H-RS232)
- 3x perforation for optional WLAN antennas
- Other Onboard Connectors
- 2x USB 2.0 (2x 5-pin)
- 1x RS232 (2x 5-pin) for optional accessory H-RS232
- 2x fan connectors (4 pin), one connector is occupied
- Low Pin Count header (LPC, 2x 10 pin, 2 mm pitch size)
- Occupied front connectors: USB 3.0, USB2.0, audio, power buttons, LEDs