About 9 centimeters high, 5 centimeters wide and about 5 millimeters thick, the new mobile phone weighs only about 47 grams.
The basic device, made by Kyocera, has a very energy-efficient, black-and-white electronic paper display, and supports basic functions for making calls, short messaging and VoLTE, Wi-Fi for web browsing.
It also supports VoLTE and Wi-Fi tethering. It is possible to use it according to customer's usage scenes, such as carrying it in a pocket, card case, notebook.
The Japanese company is aiming at customers who already own a larger smartphone , part of a trend to offer so-called companion mobile devices. The phone will cost 32,000 yen ($280).
Specifications 'Card Keitai KY-01L'
- Size: About 91 mm x 55 mm x about 5.3 mm
- Weight: Approximately 47 g
- Battery: 380 mAh
- Continuous standby time (LTE / 3G / GSM): About 100 hours
- Continuous talk time (LTE / 3G / GSM): About 110 minutes
- Display: About 2.8 inches Electronic paper
- Display resolution: 480 x 600
- External memory: No
- LTE / VoLTE: Yes
- Maximum reception speed / Maximum transmission speed: 100 Mbps / 37.5 Mbps
- Camera: No
- Waterproof / dustproof: IPX 2
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- UIM card: nanoUIM
- Charging port: USB Micro-B
- Color: Ink Black
- Manufacturer: Kyocera Corporation