Designed for cost-effective server and workstation environmentsincluding blade servers, computing farms, computer-aided design (CAD), digital content creation (DCC), and visualization platformsthe NVIDIA nForce Professional MCPs are the first and only solutions to offer support for PCI-Express and other advanced technology solutions, including integrated client-based security features, TCP/IP offload, fault tolerant storage designs, and optimizations for NVIDIA Quadro workstation graphics solutions, including multi-display and NVIDIA scalable link interface (SLI) environments.
NVIDIA has long demonstrated its success in platform design, and the new feature-rich NVIDIA nForce Professional MCPs continue that tradition, said Marty Seyer, corporate vice president and general manager, Microprocessor Business Unit, AMDs Computation Products Group. The combination of our AMD Opteron processors with Direct Connect Architecture and NVIDIA nForce Professional provides the performance, scalability, and features to handle todays most demanding professional graphic accelerators as well as server I/O cards in both 32-bit and 64-bit computing environments.
The NVIDIA nForce Professional MCP family, which today includes the NVIDIA nForce Professional 2200 and the 2050 MCP, an I/O companion chip, offers a host of technological capabilities that make it an ideal platform for industrial-level computing, including:
- Scalable, innovative, single-chip architecture that takes advantage of the AMD Opteron processors Direct Connect Architecture
- Full support for PCI-Express, with up to 80 lanes using a single 2200 MCP and multiple 2050 MCPs, Advanced Error Reporting (AER), hot-plug, Message Signal Interrupts (MSI), and other server-specific requirements
- Native Gigabit Ethernet with TCP/IP hardware offload for enhanced networking and data processing (up to 4Gb/sec. of bandwidth total)
- Native support for next-generation SATA 3Gb/s hard drives (up to 16 SATA drives total)
- Complete suite of RAID functionality, including RAID 5
- Microsoft Windows and Linux support
- NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture for simplified IT management and overall lower cost of ownership
Professional products utilizing the NVIDIA nForce Professional MCPs are available now from leading providers of workstations, servers, and motherboards, including Alienware, Boxx Technologies, Colfax, IWILL, Panta Systems, Tyan, and @XI Computer, with more announcements expected to follow.