A dedicated image processor is upconverting low-resolution images so they may be viewed in 4K picture quality.
Other features include:
- Panasonic Life+ Screens overhaul the user interface and implement enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users.
- The new my Home Screen function allows users to personalize their screen with their favorite apps and content.
- The my Stream feature enables automatic content recommendation. Panasonic Life+ Screens learn user preferences and automatically recommend content that is targeted to each person. By using the my Button on the Touch Pad Remote, the TV learns the user's content preferences.
- The Info Bar quickly displays information without requiring the user to turn on the TV. A proximity sensor coupled with Face Recognition via the AX800's built-in camera work together to instantly and automatically display handy information such as weather forecasts, message notifications and a clock.
- Voice Assistant lets the user search for content in a natural, conversational way.
- my Home Cloud makes it possible to download a wide variety of content and apps, home screen templates, and to gain access to places for purchasing accessories via Panasonic's proprietary Cloud Technology.
- A new Remote Sharing feature also makes it possible to share video memos, messages, and other information from my Home Screen through smartphone devices while away from home.
The AX800 Series also features 4K 60p Input designed based on HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2a specifications. It is compatible with copyrighted HDCP 2.2-compliant content. H.265 (HEVC) content can also be played.