Today at Mobile World Congress, Panasonic announced a 3:2 aspect ratio, fully rugged 2-in-1 detachable laptop with Windows 10 as its latest addition to the Toughbook family of products.
This larger 12" display design with 3:2 aspect ratio brings flexibility and performance for the mobile worker. This device comes with a choice of two models: as a 2-in-1 detachable laptop (tablet with keyboard dock) or as a tablet only. Powered by Windows 10, this device comes with Tablet Mode. It weighs just 2.761kg in laptop mode - with the detachable tablet weighing 1.527kg.
Designed for outdoor use in bright sunlight or heavy rain, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 has a 12" 10-finger capacitive Dual touch QHD screen (2160 x 1440 pixels). Suitable for workers who need to operate touchscreens with gloves, the device uses the latest display technology providing a new level of viewing quality for tablet users working outside with its 1200cd/m² brightness. The device also includes a IP55 digitizer pen designed to work with Windows Ink.
Other features include:
- Powered by Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 will be available in May 2017 from authorized Panasonic resellers starting around $4,099 for tablet with keyboard and $3,499 for the tablet-only.