Some of the additions and changes include:
- New terms for parents of minor, subaccount holders regarding the limitations of chat parental controls.
- New terms that explain the location-based services offered through the PlayStation Vita system.
- A description of Sony's "What's New" section, which provides topical information about Sony's services and advertisements.
- Information about pre-ordering content.
- The name of the "PlayStation Network account" is changing to a "Sony Entertainment Network account."
The rebranding of PlayStation Network accounts to Sony Entertainment Network accounts is a change in name only. Usernames or passwords will not change. On Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems, this rebranding will occur in connection with software updates for these devices. Note, this change will not be applied to the PSP system at this time.
This transition is based on Sony's goal to enhance its digital entertainment offering. PlayStation Network will be aligned with "Sony Entertainment Network."
The Sony Entertainment Network account also enables use of Sony's non-game services such as Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited and PlayMemories Online (currently called Personal Space) across a variety of network-connected devices.
Accepting Sony's new terms is mandatory in order users to continue enjoying the PSN services.