This Nitro line of high-performance solid-state drives is designed for applications where data throughput and power consumption are paramount: server, networking, datacenter, supercomputing, and professional media. These applications require fast transfer speeds and involve the storage of massive amounts of data. pureSilicon has benchmarked these drives at speeds approaching the maximum bus speed of SATA II (300 MB/s).
Specifications - Nitro Series SSD
Capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1024GB
- Transfer rate: 300MB/sec
- Sustained read: 240MB/sec
- Sustained write: 215MB/sec
- Random read (IOPS 4K): 50,000
- Random write (IOPS 4K): 10,000
- MTTF: 2.0 million hours
- Temperature (operating): 0°C to +70°C
- Temperature (non-operating): -45°C to +85°C
- Shock (operating): 1500G, duration 0.5ms, half sine wave
- Vibration (operating): 20G peak, 10~2,000Hz, x3 axis
- Active: 4.8W typical
- Idle: 0.1W typical
- 2.5in form factor: 100.2mm x 69.85mm x 9.5mm pureSilicon also offers FIPS-compliant, rugged SSD
Also on display on the pureSilicon booth is the recently announced Renegade Series Solid-State Drives (SSD) that integrate hardware-based encryption approved by the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS). The Renegade SSD is also compliant with MIL-STD-810F, a military standard.
pureSilicon has begun sampling its Renegade SSD units on a limited basis to select customers, with shipments expected to commence in the first quarter of 2009. The Nitro Series SSDs will be available in Q3 2009, pricing TBD.