RedMagic, a sub-brand of ZTE sub-brand Nubia, as made available the latest gaming phone up for global pre-order. The RedMagic 5G the first phone you’ll be able to buy with a 144Hz screen.
The RedMagic 5G gaming smartphone in packed with the latest smartphone technologies and updated specs. It comes with a 6.65 Inch Esports AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate and slight bezels up top and bottom. The phone has no notch or hole-punch cutout for the selfie camera, which is definitely a plus for gaming.
The smartphone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC and of course, 5G connectivity. it comes with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of storage, Android 10, and a 4,500mAh battery that can be fast-charged at 55W — though no wireless charging, unfortunately.
The RedMagic 5G has a triple-lens setup including a 64-megapixel Sony IMX686 sensor. You also get a headphone jack, and the stereo speakers and haptics.
As well as liquid cooling, there’s a turbo fan inside the device with a vent on the edge of the phone that pushes out a fair bit of air.
There are also capacitive shoulder buttons at the top of the phone that you can assign to actions with equivalent touchscreen positions. RedMagic is selling a joystick-and-buttons attachment, too. Last but not least, there are glowing LED logos on the back.
The RedMagic 5G is available to preorder today for $579 for a model with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, or $649 for 12GB/256GB.
RedMagic is releasing the phone in North America, the UK, mainland Europe, Australia, Japan, and beyond.
- Height: 168.56mm
- Width: 78mm
- Depth: 9.75mm
- Weight: 218g
- Material: Metal Middle Frame +Glass Back Cover
- Color: Eclipse Black/ Hot Rod Red/ Pulse
- Display: 6.65 inches FHD+ AMOLED, up to 144Hz refresh rate, up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1080 x 2340, 387.5ppi, 19.5:9, 600 nits max brightness (typical), 4,096 levels of smart brightness control, TÜV Rheinland Certification low blue light for eye comfort, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
Color Gamut: 100% DCI-P3
Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1 (typical)
- Cooling System:
- Turbo Fan
- Area of Air-duct: 4000mm²
- Air volume: increased by up to 30%
- CPU Max Cooling: 18℃
- Type: Centrifugal fan
- Tested life: 30,000 hours
- Speed: 15,000 RPM
- Cooling surface area: increased by 56% compared to RedMagic 3S
- Material: Aircraft grade aluminum alloy
- Weight: 1g
- Liquid Cooling Pipe
- High Thermal Conductivity Copper Foil
- Thermal gel
- Cooling Graphite Thermal Pad
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G
- RAM: 8/12 GB LPDDR5
- ROM: 128/256 GB UFS3.0
- SIM: dual SIM
- SA+NSA: compatible with both standalone and non-standalone modes
- 5G: NR n41/n78
- GSM 2/3/5/8
- WCDMA B1/2/4/5/8/19
- CDMA/EVDO BC0/BC1
- TD-LTE B34/B38/39/40/41
- FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/B12/B17/B18/B19/B26
- Wi-Fi: WiFi 6 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1
- Positioning: GPS
- NFC: Yes
- Rear Camera
- Sensors: Sony IMX686, HI846, OV02A10
- Resolution: 64MP+8MP+2MP
- Wide Angle: 78.3°+120°+78°
- Pixel Size: 0.8μm+1.12μm+1.75μm
- Aperture: 2.0
- Slow Motion: 1080P at 240fps, 720P at 480fps
- Time-Lapse: Yes
- Front Camera
- Megapixels: 8MP
- Pixel Size: 1.12μm
- Aperture: 2.0
- Video shooting: the rear cameras support 8K resolution at 15fps, 4K at 60fps/30fps, 1080P at 60fps/30fps, 720P at 30fps; the front camera supports 1080P/720P at 30fps
- Sensors: Fingerprint, G-sensor, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, Sensor hub
- Operating System: RedMagic OS 3.0 based on Android 10.0
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Quick Charging: 18W quick charging, up to 55W quick charging
- Ports: USB 3.0, Type-C, Dual nano-SIM slot, 3.5mm Audio Jack